CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation for people with disabilities. For more than 100 years, it has been fighting based on Christian values in the world’s poorest regions to improve the quality of life of people who have a disability. It is committed to preventing disabilities. CBM’s aim is to break the cycle of poverty and disability in developing countries and to create a world in which people with disabilities have the same opportunities and rights as all others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Finance Manager
Division: Programme Delivery Africa West & Center (AFWC) – Country Office Nigeria
Reports To: Country Finance Manager
Main Objective of the Role
- Acts in the Role of an Accountant
- Analyzes specific accounting issues related to business development and execution
- Proposes accounting services and processes to support sound financial management and responsive servicing
- Efficiently and effectively manage the project finances for the onchocerciasis and lymphatic filariasis elimination projects in Southern Nigeria.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of financial reports and practices including cash management, financial disbursements, and ledgers.
- Ensure that the project’s finances are managed in line with internal and external (including donor) policies and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that complete and accurate accounting records for the project’s transactions are maintained, and accounting software is updated and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Monitor, review and account for project procurement transactions.
- Prepare regular management accounts, including updating cashflow forecasts, and other reports required by CBM’s internal procedures.
- Assist with year-end accounts preparation and any internal/external audits
- Provide regular project finance reports to country office senior management (including the project director).
- Provide regular budget monitoring reports (budget vs. actual expenditures) and other financial reports as needed for periodical analysis and provide recommendations for budget realignments as required.
- Assess and support training needs of CBM’s project partners for compliance with CBM financial procedures and requirements.
- Regularly and pro-actively inform / update the Country Finance Manager on arising financial and administrative issues related to the project.
- In close collaboration with the Country Finance Manager, support and oversee timely external/internal audit processes and ensure satisfactory implementation of any necessary action in line with audit recommendations.
- Provide input and/or participate in any ad-hoc, or established, Finance and Administration meetings at the Country Office.
- Travel activities, yes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management or similar required and advanced university degree in Finance, Accounting or CPA / ACA / ACCA desirable
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar position, preferably with an international development organisation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial modelling skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly advanced Excel skills).
- Strong working knowledge of accounting programmes.
- Experience working with non-profit program management, auditing, budgeting and accounting.
- Experience working with Ministries of Health; ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders within the ministries
- Knowledge of grants administration, and ability to interpret grants-related governmental documents and accurately respond to them.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organisation skills.
- A mature leader and capacity builder with sufficient self-confidence to delegate tasks and responsibilities.
- Intercultural knowledge and sensitivity.
- Proven ability to perform in a multicultural working environment.
- Team player and good communicator with a proven ability to motivate people.
- Strategic finance business partner with strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM’s values and mandates.
Deadline:14th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
- Applications to the vacancy are reviewed on a rolling basis and could include additional assessment steps
- CBM strongly encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply for this position
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
- We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.