CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation for people with disabilities. For more than 100 years, it has been fighting based on Christian values in the world’s poorest regions to improve the quality of life of people who have a disability. It is committed to preventing disabilities. CBM’s aim is to break the cycle of poverty and disability in developing countries and to create a world in which people with disabilities have the same opportunities and rights as all others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Division: Programme Delivery Africa West & Center (AFWC) – Country Office Nigeria
Reports To: Project Director
Main Objective of the Role
- Assess project proposals for quality and consistency
- Identifies project delivery issues and ensures effective coordination of project resources.
- Works closely with national counterparts to build cooperative relationships
- Establish the organization as an effective partner.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Oncho and LF Elimination project and its associated team.
- Effective co-ordination of the project’s activities and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising.
- Responsible for annual planning, budgeting, reporting, managing field officers and day-to-day project operations consistent with project cycle management and achieving the project’s goal to the highest standards of quality.
- Proactively monitor the progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure internal consistency of the project in accordance with CBM frameworks, and outwardly on its coherence with local health systems and NTD project standards.
- Develop and implement project plans with project staff, technical specialists and stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation.
- Manage the project implementation budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the project progresses.
- Ensure activities are completed to an appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan.
- Manage communications with relevant stakeholders and represent the project externally, particularly with government partners and delegates, in collaboration and consultation with the Project Director and Country Director.
- Monitor the context and managing risks arising, carrying out adjustments to project plans and management when needed.
- Provide supportive supervision to direct reports.
- Ensure that direct reports deliver to their respective targets and objectives.
- Ensure performance measurement for project staff and their teams/staff development plans implemented.
- Maintain consistency and effective performance despite pressures and changes.
- Invest in team building and ensure team cohesion as well as encourage high team performance.
- Travel Activities, Yes.
- A passion to make a difference for improving the life of people with disabilities
- Post-graduate level Degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Project Management or Public Health.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at a similar level managing NTD, health, development, research or humanitarian projects in low- and/or middle-income contexts.
- Experience working with Ministries of Health; ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders within the ministries
- Experience in managing projects funded by donors such as FCDO, USAID, etc.
- Experience line-managing field officers and technical staff.
- Sound working knowledge of key issues surrounding NTDs in both a local and global context.
- Commitment to international and humanitarian NGO codes, standards and practices.
- Proficiency in computer packages, especially with MS Office and other related packages.
- Ability to work as part of team across different cultures.
- Ability to solve problems and take corrective action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven administrative skills.
- Strong numeracy with ability to analyse and manage data.
- Fluency in English.
- Identification with values and mandates of CBM.
Deadline:14th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
- Applications to the vacancy are reviewed on a rolling basis and could include additional assessment steps
- CBM strongly encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply for this position
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
- We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.