Workforce Group is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organizational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Project Delivery Senior Manager
Department: Group Technology / Solution Delivery
- Oversee and manage a portfolio of BAU & other approved projects of varying sizes from initiation through delivery to stakeholders and/or customers.
- Provide oversight of job responsibilities and mentor project managers.
- Support Delivery Management Head & remove any road blocks by coordinating between departments/stakeholders and managing risk of any deviations or scope changes.
- Improve the project management process through robust daily management of projects and improvements in standard work (templates, process etc.)
- Acts as 1st level escalation and customer interface by facilitating team meetings to include tracking and managing action items to meet client deliverables as well as distributing regular status reports to the head of project delivery manager / PMO.
- Deliver projects against the agreed time, cost and quality metrics
- First point of contact for clients for the projects under hisher scope of management and delivery
- Responsible to assist project managers for the delivery of solutions to meet the project objectives using the appropriate project management methodology.
- Timely and quality reporting of project status, plans, milestones, risks and action plans required to ensure delivery.
- Communication with stakeholders (internal and external) to facilitate project delivery and ensure delivery against project KPIs.
- Work collaboratively with the Client Manager, Business Analysts, Project Managers and internal teams to understand customer needs, facilitate solution, and support project manager to deliver client project.
- Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team.
- Setting up and leading project SteerCo’s as and when required for the projects within their scope.
- Sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
- In case of escalation, clear stakeholder requirements & agreed with all parties – vendors, client and NI group.
- Developing talent as well as succession planning in team.
- Active participation in the Agile delivery process through planning and prioritization of work breakdown structures, milestones planning and supporting a continuous improvement cycle
- Performs other related duties as requested by the company.
Experience / Skills Required
- Degree level from a recognized university in computer science or relevant subject in technology or relevant field of study.
- PMP or Prince2 certification (Preferred).
- Very Good command of English language (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing) or equivalent to Upper Intermediate level.
- French language proficiency is a plus.
- 6+ years of professional experience, specifically in the cards and payments domain.
- In-depth knowledge of project management techniques, tools and processes and detailed understanding of Project Management Methodology.
- Management of portfolio of client delivery & critical projects.
- Ad hoc supervision required by exception. Escalation to client, internal to NI group to be directly managed.
- Fully empowered and experienced to manage the client from CEO, across both business and technical teams.
Job Specific Skills:
- Very good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with clients.
- Arabic to be either first or second language.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management frameworks.
- Experience with Visio, MS Project and SharePoint, desired.
- Project Management experience.
- Able to influence others without having to invoke direct authority.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and matrix environment.
- Excellent analytical & Presentation skills.
- Payment scheme related process.
- Cost tracking, reporting and overall financial tracking of a unit.
- Added advantage Skill – Knowledge of the below Systems (Preferred):
- Card Management Solution
- Card personalization
- Payment Scheme processes (VISA, MasterCard, AmEx, etc…)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online