Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client, a leading drone service provider in Nigeria, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager – Lead UAV Pilot
Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- They are currently accepting applications for Lead UAV Drone Pilot to lead and manage the operational and strategic affairs of the business.
- You shall be the Project Manager and will be responsible for the planning and execution of projects. Your duties include planning, designing, executing, and monitoring every aspect of a specific project.
- Other duties and responsibilities of a Project Manager include but are not limited to: Liaising with clients to identify project requirements, and planning delivery timelines and costs.
- The successful candidate should be ready to Pilot UAVs on any occasion. Preferred candidates should be an expatriate from Eastern Europe, South Africa, India, or China geographical regions.
- Developing detailed project plans to guide clients, staff members and project teams and revising based on changing needs and requirements of client
- Selecting suitable staff for the execution of projects
- Monitoring project performance to ensure project execution to the highest standard
- Compiling and submitting project status reports to senior management
- Manage drone pilot employee availability, time-off requests, and call-offs for the Drone Platoon
- Meet all contractual and budgeted scheduled hours while assuring that overtime and non-billable hours are minimised and review and correct shift punches
- Draft policies and procedures to ensure that the business is run procedurally
- Compile daily drone shift reports, complete safety and risk assessments before all flights, and after-action reviews post-flight
- Check drones before a flight to ensure safe and proper business operation
- Perform preflight, in-flight, and post-flight safety checks
- Analyse weather forecasts to provide safe flights
- Document pre-and post-flight logs
- Monitor drones during flight
- Plan drone flight routes. Navigate drones along designated paths
- Gather information or produce aerial data, as needed. Perform equipment testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Snag list preparation and ensure resolution
- There will be extensive travelling needed based on business requirements and roles.
- BE / BTECH – Electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics, Aeronautical
- UAV Pilots license up to BVLOS level (commercial pilots license will suffice in place of BVLOS certificationn
- Minimum of 5 years UAV Pilot experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in any Project Management role (does not have to necessarily be in the UAV industry) Project Management qualifications are a nice to have but not a must have
- Understanding English is mandatory (Read / Write / Comprehend)
- Drone Flying Experience in a lead capacity is added advantage
- An understanding of standard drone operating systems
- Possess excellent written & verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with the field, management, and clients alike.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organised.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be proactive and solution-orientated
- Must be able to multi-task and self-manage in a dynamic environment
- Must be focused on the company’s core values and business objectives
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional standards
- Availability beyond the regular 9 am-5 pm work schedule.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Salary – $3,000 – $5000 per month
- 2 or 3 Bedroom Fully Furnished Accommodation
- Transportation – staff car and driver
- Travel – 2 business class tickets to the home country annually
- The candidate should be willing to sign up for at least 1 year of hire.
Deadline:30th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Further assessments will be required.