Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Quality Control Engineer – WELDING, NDT, PAUT)
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard
Job Purpose / Objectives
- To coordinate Quality Control activities covering Welding, NDT and PAUT on behalf of the Company in Port Harcourt and Project site in Bonny Island in
- accordance with Contract approved project management procedures; ensuring quality, schedule and budget standards are met in a controlled,
- transparent and auditable manner in collaboration with the EPC Contractor to ensure that the quality of the welding activities meets the requirements
- stated in Project Specifications.
- Review Inspection and Test Plan (ITPs) and related Quality Control Plans associated with the welding and welding inspection activities.
- Review Welding Procedure Specifications and Procedure Qualification Records for compliance with Project specifications
- Monitor Welder Qualification Tests and review Welder Performance Reports.
- Review the qualification of all NDE and advanced NDT personnel.
- Review Contractor and Sub-Contractor NDT procedures
- Witness and monitor Contractor’s work activities, inspections and tests in accordance with the approved Quality Plan, ITP, Quality Procedures etc.
- Review material test certificates and materials receiving inspection reports of all welding consumables.
- Review preservation reports for welding consumables and carry out periodic inspection of the storage facility for these items.
- Verify calibration status of all inspection tools and equipment.
- Ensure all inspection steps on the ITP are carried out by the Contractor
- Review Contractor Inspection and Test Reports for all NDT and Advanced NDT activities and sign off on behalf of Company
- Review repair plans for identified defects to ensure compliance to project requirements
- Prepare and issue weekly summary reports based of the site quality surveillance activities
- Escalate any observed non-conformances to Senior Quality Surveillance Engineer for review and action.
- Review the resolution of field NCR action items
- Monitor Contractor Completions Management process and verify reports, to support the Faultless Project Delivery Program
Key Performance Indicators:
- Zero HSE construction related issues
- Planned vs Actual Quality Performance
- Timeliness and quality of Quality Reports
- Flawless handover of completed scopes
- B.Eng Metallurgical / Materials Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Welding Inspection Certification: CSWIP 3.1 or AWS CWI
- ASNT Level II for all Basic NDE methods
- 5 – 6 years experience in the welding inspection activities, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Good knowledge of basic quality control philosophy
- Good knowledge of best engineering practices, Shell DEPs and International codes & standards
- Proficiency in the use of basic MS Office computer applications
- Functionally & administratively reports to: Project Quality Surveillance Lead
Deadline: 6th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online