The Lagos State University (LASU), located at Ojo, was established as a Public University in 1983 by the enabling law of Lagos State. Established with the vision of pursuing the advancement of learning and academic excellence, the university has been unrelenting in the pursuit of its mission of becoming a citadel of learning, a community with the trademark of excellence in teaching, research and service to humanity, a catalyst as well as an agent for development.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified applicants for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Governing Council of Lagos State University hereby announces that the position of Registrar will be vacant by July, 202. In consonance with the Logos State University Law (2004) and in exercise of the power contained therein, the Governing Council has decided to begin the process of appointing a new Registrar.
- In accordance with the Lagos State University LAW (2004), the Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University except financial matters which fall within the jurisdiction of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is a repository of University documents / records. The Registrar is the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation AND Convocation, The Registrar is a member of the University Management Committee and Head of the University Registry.
- He/she must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources and a team player. He/She must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills.
- The job demands a person who can instill confidence in others as well as command loyalty and respect of people.
- The person must understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of harnessing the potentials of subordinates to attain the overall goals of the University.
- The right candidate must have the ability to develop linkages with external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University. He/she must enjoy good health.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for the post of Registrar, Lagos State University should possess:
- A good (Honours) Degree plus fifteen (15) years relevant administrative experience in University or comparable institution, with a minimum of five (5) years at the Management level;
- Possession of relevant Master’s Degree is compulsory;
- Candidates must be competent in the use of ICT for management services;
- Candidates must have served for NOT less than three (3) years at the level of Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable institution as at the date of advertisement;
- Membership of Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA) and relevant professional associations is mandatory.
- In consonance with the Lagos State University Law (2004), the appointment of Registrar is for a TERM of four (4) years respectively, with eligibility for reappointment for a second term of four (4) years ONLY.
- Candidates for the positions of Registrar must not be above the one of sixty (60) years by July, 2022.
Remuneration includes Basic Salary of CONUNASS 15 and other benefits and allowances that apply to the Registrar in Nigerian Public Universities, as may be approved by the Governing Council, Lagos State University.
Deadline: 7th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply with Fifteen (15) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Nationality (If Nigerian, indicate State of Origin)
- Marital Status: Number AND Ages of Children
- Academic Qualifications (including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Professional Qualifications (copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Statement of Experience Including details of former and present position
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character and Integrity
- Contact Address (Including telephone number(s) AND e-mail address).
All applications are to be submitted under Confidential Cover, with the envelop marked “Post of Registrar, LASU”, sealed, addressed and submitted to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Vice Chancellor’s Office,
Babatunde Raji Fashola Senate Building,
Lagos State University,
Badagry Expressway, Ojo,
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for interview with the Selection Board at a DATE that will be formally conveyed to such candidates in writing.