Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resident Independent Monitor (RIM)
Locations: Adamawa, Borno and Katsina
- Terms of reference for the RIMs assigned to an LGA for a particular Neglected Tropical diseases (NTDs) campaign especially, Mass Drug Administration (MDA).
- The ToR entail pre-MDA, actual MDA, and post MDA deliverables.
The Resident Independent Monitor (RIM) will:
- Be resident in the assigned LGA, available, fully ready and willing to undertake assigned tasks within the LGA throughout the implementation of MDA activities.
- Be present in the training of trainers and involved in cascading the training as required by the project.
- Ensure that all training and MDA are conducted in line with strict compliance to the COVID-19 SOPs.
- In collaboration with the LGA coordinator, Head Teacher or FLHFs, undertake advocacy visit to create awareness, solicit support or secure the buy-in of LGA, religious and traditional leaders before monitoring of cascaded activities in each LGA/community.
- Ensure that all reporting tools are in place, properly and correctly used at all levels (Community/School registers, community/School summary, supervision checklist, implementation checklist, BCC checklist etc).
- Ensure CDDs or Teachers dispense drugs and record treatment in accordance with NTDs standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Technically participate in monitoring and supportive supervision of MDA in assigned LGA.
- Provide daily monitoring and supervision reports/update on designated WhatsApp platform to give room for the remote provision of technical support.
- Follow up on treatment data collection in LGA where he/she supervised in line with NTDs SOPs.
- Partake in data review and validation meetings to be convened by LGA Coordinators at LGA Headquarters.
- Give daily update on data collection progress on designated WhatsApp platform using approved template and carryout follow up actions as assigned by the project.
- Be involved in mop up treatment where assigned LGA failed to meet the set minimum effective therapeutic coverage for the MDA.
- Work in collaboration with the FLHF staff, storekeeper and LGA Coordinator to ensure that drugs reverse logistics is properly done during retrieval of treatment reports, and report same both on the WhatsApp platform using approved template and in the final report using the appropriate reporting template.
- Collect hard copy of completed & validated treatment reports and submit to the LGA Coordinator with duplicate copies sent to FLHF, Zonal office and/or School.
- Carry out data entry of validated data of assigned LGA using approved template and submit same to state and Helen Keller M&E Officers.
- Ensure that the financial documents of participants (attendance and bank details sheets) for all implemented activities within the LGA are properly filled and submitted to the Helen Keller Program Officer for processing of payment.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the project.
Terms & Conditions
- This is a local posting in Nigeria, and as such, is subject to local terms and conditions.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
Deadline: 3rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letters and Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above