WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970’s when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Worley Parsons has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects. Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Piping Engineer (Stress)
Ref No: LAG0061
Job: Engineering and Design (General)
Employment Type: Direct Contractor
Job Level: Experienced
Reporting Manager Title: Engineering Manager
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Provides support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- Conversant with the use of design Codes and Standards API, ASME, ANSI and NFPA Codes and Standards.
- Introduced to inter-discipline Squad check of design deliverables and managing discipline interfaces, including familiarity with the other disciplines deliverables.
- Assist superior to prepare CTR (man-hour) estimates for proposals.
- Must start developing special skills / Knowledge based areas in at least two (2) specific aspects oil and gas mechanical or piping design & engineering. (e.g; stress analysis, fixed mechanical equipment design and specification, rotating equipment; piping modeling & layout; etc.)
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate-size project.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Assist superior to develop design specifications for mechanical equipment, (such as Pumps, Compressors, Vessels, Filter Separators, Mixers, Skid mounted equipment, etc, ) by using client’s Standard/Master Specifications, Industry Codes and Best Practices.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications / Experience
Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Industry Specific Experience:
- 8 – 10 years of related working experience.
- Professional Engineer registration with active membership in a professional society.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th June, 2022.
Leave a Reply