Securepoint Security Solutions Limited is one of Nigeria’s leading security service provider. Established in 2016 with african and International affiliations. We provide all forms of security service like man guarding, body guards, close protection/VIP guards to coporate and residential organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Accountant shall have the overall responsibility for the identification, measurement, analysis, and interpretation of accounting information that helps leaders in the Company and its subsidiary company in strategic planning and in making sound financial decisions to efficiently manage their daily operations.
- He/She shall will provide operational information for the Accounts Department at the Company, and periodically analyze all subsidiary businesses’ operational and financial data to predict inconsistencies, maximize profits and minimize losses.
- The Job holder shall oversee the management of the Company’s financial systems, including accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, forecasting, cash flow analysis, payroll management, audit and controls, and risk management- weekly,monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- The job holder also takes responsibility for periodically collecting, consolidating, analyzing, and reporting information about the operations and finances of its subsidiary business – monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annually.
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities/Key Performance Areas
Financial Accounting System:
- Supervise and lead the Accounts department.
- Oversee the maintenance of an error-free accounting system and books for the Company.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports including P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Monitor and report on accounting inconsistencies.
- Cash flow management.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Oversee tax and Pension payments.
- Adhere to all statutory financial reporting and tax legislation.
- Prepare internal and external financial reports and long-range financial planning instruments, including financial and compliance audits.
- Keep up-to-date with financial policies, practices, and regulations.
- Comply with state and federal tax regulations.
- Prepare comprehensive annual budgets and forecasts for the Company in line with its business objectives.
- Guide annual budgeting procedures for the subsidiary company and review proposed budgets for consistency with group objectives before the budgets are approved by the boards.
- Collect and collate approved budgets from all subsidiaries as per given timelines
- Prepare periodic budget monitoring reports, comparing actual performance with budgets showing variances.
- Make periodic forecasts to assist business planning and decision-making.
- Prepare financial reports and budgets, as well as control and forecast income and expenditure.
- Ensure accurate consolidation of results, budgets, and forecasts for the Company and its subsidiary.
- Analyze actual performance versus forecasts and budgets for the Company and its subsidiary.
- Collaborate with the Hr Manager and Operations Manager for all of the outputs of the payroll function with a view to putting in place the necessary controls and checks that ensure all employees are paid accurately as per company policy.
- Oversee the periodic reconciliation of the payroll and finance systems and investigate and report any differences.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision-making using ratios, trend analysis, and other analytical tools.
- Gather and analyze financial information of the company and its subsidiary to evaluate the efficiency of financial procedures.
- Evaluate the company’s performance using key data.
- Produce analysis packs based on group performance & present commercial information to management
- Advise on problems and impacts of key management decisions on company performance and suggest improvements.
- Support The Company new investment decisions in new projects/new business – by determining, break-even point, payback period and other indices to help make preferred investment choices.
- Keep informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in management accounting.
Risk Assessment and Management:
- Conduct financial and operational risk assessment for the company and its subsidiary and advise on ways to minimize risk.
- Review, develop and implement cost-effective financial policies and procedures, to mitigate financial risks.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that financial and accounting record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Education: B.Sc / M.Sc in relevant field.
- Experience: Must have 5 – 8 years working experience. Must also be a member of ICAN.Other professional certificates will be an added advantage.
N200,000 – N350,000 monthly.
Deadline: 24th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Leave a Reply