WeRecruitWorldWide – Our client is an established supermarket in Jabi, they committed to providing a vast range of local and international stock at great prices.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Are you an Accountant with experienced working in retail management?
- Our client is seeking an experienced Accountant who has experience of owning the month end accounting processes and producing monthly management accounts.
- You have previous finance systems experience and advanced Excel skills with excellent attention to detail.
- You will be responsible for managing accounting practices across the company.
What you’ll do
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Produce monthly management accounts, including P&L using data from multiple points of sale systems
- Collating, preparing, and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries, and financial statements
- Analyze results, understand the revenue and margin for each product line and clearly explain financial performance
- Point of contact for the store manager for finance queries
- Accruals, prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly recharge and intercompany journals
- Cash management
- Maintain the fixed asset register for the business
- Provide support with the year-end audit process and tax compliance
- Ad hoc project work/cover for other team members as required
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
We are looking for someone with:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- 3+ years of work experience in a management accounting / financial accounting role
- A finance qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Solid understanding of month end close processes
- Proficient user of an ERP systems and MS Office
- Advanced Excel
- Finance systems experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to adapt to changing requirements
- Team player, able to work with staff across various departments
- Ability to be proactive and work independently is critical in this role
Deadline: 27th July, 2022.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Accountant” as the subject of the email.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- As part of the application process for this job, you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take 15-20 minutes to complete these tests.