Total Child School is a co-educational Nursery, Primary and Secondary School. The school is sited at the C.E.M Children Centre, a serene location providing a beautiful, natural and highly conducive atmosphere for learning. The School promises every child a privileged, purposeful, enriching, very enjoyable and memorable school life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Additional Need Teacher
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide class/subject teachers with a follow up on the pupil’s progress in the Learning support programme.
- Find out the level of pupil’s progress from both class and subject teachers; and also, the nature/severity of the pupil’s difficulty as perceived by the class/subject teachers.
- Carry out research on the nature of difficulty of each pupil. He/she is expected to be vast and highly knowledgeable in this field.
- Carry out classroom observations and assessment for placement of pupils on additional needs programme.
- Recommend pupils for full assessment by certified professionals when the need arises.
- Carry out assessment reports recommendations and implications for learning.
- Design draw up individualised education programmes IEPs that will suit the needs and abilities of the pupils.
- Keep accurate, well organised and confidential records of each pupil undertaking his/her programme.
- Make records available for official purposes.
- Monitor pupils’ progress and keep progress records.
- Advise the school management of the need to refer the child’s case to a specialist.
- Notify the school management of the need to invite parents for a chat.
- Carry out assessment on new pupils at the point of admission to determine whether they have a learning difficulty or not and if the school has the facility and the capability to care for the pupils should they be admitted.
- Carry out skills assessment/academic achievement tests on all pupils in the Learning Support Programme.
- Discuss individual goals and objectives with pupils.
- Prepare teaching materials and use a range of resources including worksheets and other computer resources.
- Guide and support class/subject teachers and class assistants working with the pupils.
- Keep the school management and parents adequately informed.
- Deliver individual and group training sessions to staff or parents as the need arises.
- Create / Provide resources that will aid effective teaching and learning of pupils.
- Educational qualification – B.Sc+ NCE, B. Sc (Ed), B.Ed.
- A certificate in SEN is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Evidence of ability to support teachers, manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Creativity to devise interesting and appropriate learning activities.
- Critical thinking to assess pupils progress and adjust lessons to their needs.
Deadline: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.