TeamApt is Nigeria’s largest Agency banking operator and is now building the largest digital bank offering financial services products tailored to meet the needs of the underserved mass market – micropayments, savings, lending, insurance, pensions – using technology and low-cost offline distribution models. We believe providing financial access to the over 350 million Africans who are currently financially underserved will economically empower them and put them on a path to becoming the next generation of middle-class Africans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Monitoring Engineer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- We are looking for an Application Monitoring Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our production services.
- You will be responsible for the stability, integrity, and operation of systems by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing production services while also providing root cause analysis with recommendations for improvements.
- Some programming and debugging duties will be required in order to develop queries/reports of varying complexity and to troubleshoot and fix programmatic issues.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Maintain high availability for all assigned critical services and related business impacting services.
- Provide two tier application support to production systems and identify any issue in production.
- Monitor all performance metrics for various production systems and identify root cause for all technical issues and recommend solutions
- Constantly gather information, research, and scope systems for complex issues, enhancement, and continual service improvement.
- Work with system/database administrators and development team to resolve issues.
- Work with software vendor to have application issues fixed, both short term and long term (root cause)
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required
To succeed in this role, we think you should have:
- B.Sc degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven work experience as an Application Monitoring Engineer or similar role.
- Minimum of 3 years experience supporting software applications.
- Basic Understanding of OOP concepts and other programming concepts.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot advanced technical issues.
- In depth knowledge of SQL databases particularly MYSQL.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
What We Can Offer You
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning – We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What to Expect in the Hiring Process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A technical interview with the Hiring Manager
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
- Send us your CV or LinkedIn profile via our career website.
- TeamApt is an equal opportunity employer.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.