Value Edge Management Service Limited – Our client, a Shipping and Cargo Handling company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Back End Developer
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The Back End Developer will responsible for designing and implementing high-quality software in line with established policies and technology stack.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Maintaining documentation, ensuring that the knowledge acquired is available across the organization and built into the squads as a discipline
- Supporting the architecture function in designing performant and resilient products
- Develop performant, efficient and reliable applications
- Design, code, verify, test, document, amend and refactor complex software.
- Participate in estimation and planning work with an adaptive (iterative/agile) approach.
- Staying up to date with the latest tech innovations and evaluating their value
- Developing fast, scalable, reliable, and efficient apps
- Making sure engineering policies and selected tools are adhered to
- Making sure agreed test coverage is implemented and daily progress communicated
- Keeping code repositories and Version Control up to date.
- B.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Agile certifications are desirable.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience building commercial applications in Node.js
- Knowledge of Node.js frameworks (e.g. Express)
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Experience with AWS services like Lambda is desirable
- Experience working with an agile framework (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience using DevOps principles and automation practices
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- RDBMS experience
- Commercial Experience of developing distributed systems using a messaging-based architecture (ideally RabbitMQ or SQS).
Technical & People Skills:
- Node.js 10+
- ASP.NETin vb.NET WCF language
- Good knowledge of XML, JSON
- Good knowledge of Web services .net knowledge
- Good Knowledge of Team Foundation Server (client side)
- Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD, Pull Request, CI/CD
- Good working knowledge of unit testing & integration testing frameworks
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
- Collaborative and keen to share knowledge with others.
Deadline: 2nd August, 2022.