Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BootStack Engineering Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux and Cloud to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products.
- If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
- The BootStack team designs, builds, and operates modern distributed systems on private infrastructure for customers. From Kubernetes to OpenStack and everything in-between, you’ll be working with the latest technology in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- As a BootStack Engineering Manager for the BootStack team, you will be responsible for managing the engineers that oversee day-to-day Managed Service of customer environments, including customer service management, managed services operations and consistent product improvement engineering.
- Collaboration with customers, product engineering, and operations is critical to success.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Manage a growing engineering team to optimise the quality and velocity of both development and operations
- Identify and measure team health indicators
- Implement disciplined engineering and operations processes
- Represent the BootStack team with respect to stakeholders, customers, and external teams
- Ensure proper team focus on priorities, milestones, and deliverables
- Work to meet service level agreements with customer deployments around the globe
- Deliver quality managed services in a consistent, timely manner
The successful Engineering Manager candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent Degree level) education in a technology field
- Proven track record of at least 5 years professional experience of either software delivery using Python, Go, C, C++, Java, or similar and/or managing operations teams
- Proven experience with OpenStack
- Demonstrated strong commitment to testing methodologies and maintainable code quality
- Experience with Linux system administration, Ubuntu/Debian a plus
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience working in and managing distributed teams
- Technical aptitude for understanding complex distributed systems
- Knowledge about common design patterns (interfaces, …)
- Experience with cloud topologies and technologies
- Travel to team and company events and customer meetings, roughly 20% or less
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online