Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Business Development Officer will support the X-Academy team in the business operations of the Academy.
- She/he will support the drive to meet revenue projections through targeted marketing strategies by selling the approved training programmes and services of the Academy, growing the client base of training participants (individuals and/or organisations), and also building training partnerships for the Exchange.
- In addition, the Business Development Officer will support the drive of the overall strategy and end-to-end coordination of the organisation’s Corporate Academy (X-Academy).
- This includes providing requisite support to all internal stakeholders, and managing inputs from external stakeholders to ensure their contributions towards training content development, delivery and evaluation align with defined standards. This position reports to the Head, X–Academy.
- Develop and execute strategies to increase business sales and profits.
- Develop targeted and strategic marketing plans, sales proposals, and other campaign/awareness materials for all X-Academy programmes & services, whilst ensuring timely and strategic execution for new and existing clients.
- Conduct market research, collate and analyse feedback and surveys for strategy improvement and development of new strategies.
- Create a yearly budget (hence managing revenues and tracking expenses).
- Generate revenue through fee paying courses/programmes of the X-Academy and services (digital learning, digitisation, and rental of the training facilities).
- Ensure set targets on value (revenue) and volume (number of programmes & participants) are met.
- Analyse financial data and create strategies to trim overhead costs and ensure every training is profitable.
- Identify & establish new affiliations with professional bodies and institutions for technical support, programme accreditation, partnerships, etc.
- Develop, negotiate and close strategic service agreements with clients and partners. Ensure compliance with terms of service/partnership.
- Identify and generate leads or prospective clients for the X-Academy courses/programmes and other X-Academy services via weekly & monthly prospect reports.
- Grow the X-Academy client base by managing prospects and converting them into actual clients.
- Liaise with staff in NGX Limited & other subsidiaries to generate leads for potential clients to subscribe to programmes & services of the Academy.
- Aggressively promote the Academy via multiple platforms to drive subscriptions to programmes and ensure return on investments.
- Manage already existing client base to ensure repeat business and retention of clients.
- Manage expectations, maintain regular contact with customers to keep them informed and updated on progress, issues, and training schedules (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Understand client needs, offer solutions and support; answer potential client questions and follow-up call questions.
- Respond to client requests for proposals (RFPs) and Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Speak and make regular presentations to small and large groups of company directors, advisors, and investors to attract potential customers and generate leads.
- Develop and periodically update the X-Academy policies, guidelines, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Analyse the ROI of all training by keeping track of all costs related to each training – income versus expenditure.
- Manage risks associated with the Business Development Function.
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or other related disciplines.
- Membership of a professional body CIPM, CIPD, NITAD, PMI, HRCI, SHRM, CMI, etc. is an advantage.
- 2-5 years post NYSC experience in Business Development functions.
- Experience in sales, and business generation of leads in training academies will be an advantage.
Desired Competencies And Skill Requirements:
- Experience in marketing and sales.
- Ability to work as an individual and to be a team player.
- Knowledge of Learning program development/management, e.g. curriculum design will be an advantage.
- Confident, articulate, and clear communication skills for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and other internal departments.
- Understands learning needs analysis.
- Displays accountability and motivation to achieve.
- Displays emotional intelligence, stability, and adaptability.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organisation, follow up, analytical, problem solving skills.
- Analytics, strategic and high level data, trend analysis.
- Confident public speaker.
- Influential communicator with strong written, verbal, presentation, and listening skills, and an ability to relate with audiences at all levels.
- Innovation and creativity; the ability to spot business opportunities and create linkages.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Open-minded; ability to receive feedback; follow instructions and deliver quality results.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity with strong judgment and problem solving skills.
- Basic Project Management knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced and performance driven environment.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Education and Labour Laws.
- Knowledge of practical learning & development principles and awareness of the current best practice and its implementation; together with the knowledge of external providers of management development support.
- Experience in identifying business opportunities and marketing services to a wide range of clients.
- Experience in working and liaising with top and senior management, employees, and other key stakeholders
- Ability to establish contact and develop relationships with prospects while recommending solutions.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Practical experience in turning strategic thinking into practical deliverables.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment requiring a high degree of flexibility whilst retaining business disciplines. Experience in e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation, delivery, and management of e-learning management solutions.
- Experience in managing and implementing innovative projects.
- Good knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Operational Training Experience: Analytics, Enrolment processes, Training, Performance management systems, Employee relations, internal consulting, etc., and knowledge of Education Laws.
- Experience in research, analysis, collection/collation, interpretation, and presentation of data; developing standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics; interfacing will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “NGX Recruitment – Business Development Officer” as the subject of the email.