A manufacturing company located in Mowe, Ogun state, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Mowe, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Responsibilities / Description
- The Finance Manager will be responsible for overall financial activities spanning factory operations to HQ, working with all managerial staff to ensure that all operational activities are in line with the company’s strategic and financial goals.
- Plan, organize and execute financial tasks and projects for the organisation.
- Provide financial insight and identify new metrics to drive business performance relative to strategic priorities while minimizing risk.
- Guide financial decisions involving portfolio management, investment planning, taxminimization, risk management and budgeting.
- Drive value within the business through margin enhancement, lowering costs and driving operational efficiencies
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Prepare quarterly management reports showing variances across the different financial and KPIs of the budget and demonstrate understanding of the reasons for such variances.
- Work with the CEO and management team during the quarterly budget cycle to develop the company’s financial targets for the year and prepare a budget presentation for management approval.
- Evaluate financial performance of the organization and measure returns on investment.
- Execute accurate reporting and make financial recommendations
- Provide insight into business performance against competitors and industry trends
- Manage relationships with bankers, auditors, and tax authorities
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and maintaining compliance
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, on time and according to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
- Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), and act as backup for processing all the following transactions: accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash, bank reconciliations, and allocations.
- Manage a team of financial analysts
- Prepare and analyse accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow and financial forecasts.
- Investigate ways to improve profitability and analyse markets for business opportunities such as expansion.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc in Accounting or any relevant field with a minimum of 8 years work experience in Finance, with demonstrated experience in financial analysis, treasury, team management and budgeting.
- Must have worked in a similar capacity in Manufacturing, FMCG, Commercial/Retail, Agriculture, Logistics, or Hospitality.
- The ideal candidate should be resident around Mowe, Ibafo, Magboro, Arepo, or Ojodu Berger.
- Relevant professional qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CFA, etc).
- The ideal candidate has experience, but more importantly, demonstrated interest in working with an innovative and non-traditional company in the manufacturing sector.
- The ideal candidate also has a keen interest in the drinks industry.
- Practical knowledge of financial analysis.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Financial Management Software.
- Exceptional communication, Interpersonal and Leadership skills.
- Excellent Business analysis, Project Management and Financial Management skills
- Great problem solver and critical thinker.
Deadline: 14th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online