The National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) was established in 1992 by the Federal Government after the recommendations of the White Paper Committee on the 1991 Report of a 150 member National Committee on Engineering Infrastructure comprising Scientists, Engineers, Administrators, Federal and State Civil Servants, Economists, Lawyers, Bankers and Industrialists.
The mandate of NASENI is specifically in the area of Capital goods, research, production and reverse engineering. NASENI, by its mandate and scope of operation is the Nigerian only purpose built Agency designed to conduct developmental work in the areas of manufacturing and as such, it is capable of coordinating the proliferation of technologies developed either within or outside of its Centers including patents obtained. Technologies developed in the areas of spares, components and systems engineering are to be transferred to Entrepreneurs for the production of goods and services.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below for NASENI’s Research and Development (R&D) Institute:
Job Title: Managing Director, Agricultural Machinery and Equipment Development Institute (AMEDI) – CONRAISS 15
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Institute: Agricultural Machinery and Equipment Development Institute (AMEDI)
Tenure: 4 Years Renewable
Mandate of The Institute
The mandate of Agricultural Machinery and Equipment Development Institute (AMEDI), Calabar is to develop modern and appropriate agricultural machineries, equipment, and food processing technologies to reduce human labour and promote mechanize farming and cede developed products to the private sector for mass production and commercialization.
- The Managing Director will be responsible for coordinating research and development of agricultural machineries, equipment, processes, food preservation (post-harvest) technologies and equipment manufacturing, sustainable energy for agriculture and Internet of Things (loT).
- The successful candidate will be responsible for coordination of collaboration with farmers and private sector agro-allied industries on the development of appropriate technologies in the areas of crops, horticulture, aquaculture and animal husbandry for food production and processing.
- He is also expected to coordinate and demonstrate smart modular irrigation method to promote multi-crop cycle.
- The managing Director is accountable for the day-to-day running of the Institute; resource management for optimal utilization and reports directly to the Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive of NASENI.
- Candidate must possess a Ph.D qualification in any of the fields of Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant fields.
- Candidates must be registered with COREN and produce evidence of membership of other relevant professional bodies.
- Publications in peer-reviewed scholarly journals is a requirement.
- In addition to post graduation experience in any of the fields of Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Manufacturing or other relevant fields, sound working knowledge of agricultural processes, machineries, and technologies will be required.
- Candidates must possess relevant Ph.D. Degrees appropriate to the mandate of the institutes.
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification (post first degree) experience in technical fields, and requisite experience at management level is a mandatory requirement.
- Candidates must possess knowledge in the new and emerging areas of science and technology, including CNC and CAD/CAM.
- Candidates must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Candidates must demonstrate capacity for Research and Development (R&D).
- Candidate should possess the ability to develop/implement prospective vision for the institute, establish strategic goals, liaise with the private sector and other local and international research and technology-based organizations.
- Senior executives in the Engineering/Science Infrastructure operation of NASENI, who meet the conditions herein are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates without factory/industrial experience need not apply.
- Candidates must not be more than fifty-five (55) years of age by October 2022.
- Ownership of productive patents would be an advantage.
Deadline: 9th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their Applications with Fifteen (15) copies of their up-to-date CV. This include among others:
- Educational / Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Relevant Job Experience
- Present Salary and Emolument
- Confidential Report from three Referees addressed directly to “The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive.
- Contact address with Telephone Numbers and Email Addresses.
All Applications should be sent in one envelope with the name of the Institute marked at the Top Left Hand Corner and addressed to:
The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive,
National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI),
Idu Industrial Area,
PMB 391, Garki,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.