The National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) was established in 1992 by the Federal Government after the recommendations of the White Paper Committee on the 1991 Report of a 150 member National Committee on Engineering Infrastructure comprising Scientists, Engineers, Administrators, Federal and State Civil Servants, Economists, Lawyers, Bankers and Industrialists.
The mandate of NASENI is specifically in the area of Capital goods, research, production and reverse engineering. NASENI, by its mandate and scope of operation is the Nigerian only purpose built Agency designed to conduct developmental work in the areas of manufacturing and as such, it is capable of coordinating the proliferation of technologies developed either within or outside of its Centers including patents obtained. Technologies developed in the areas of spares, components and systems engineering are to be transferred to Entrepreneurs for the production of goods and services.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below for NASENI’s Research and Development (R&D) Institute:
Job Title: Managing Director, Heavy Machinery and Equipment Development Institute (HEMEDI) – CONRAISS 15
Institute: Heavy Machinery and Equipment Development Institute (HEMEDI)
Tenure: 4 Years Renewable
Mandate of The Institute
The mandate of Heavy Machinery and Equipment Development Institute (HEMEDI), Bauchi is in the area of heavy-duty machinery and equipment design, research, development and manufacturing and ceding production systems to private industries for local mass production and commercialization. This is in addition to helping and intervening in the areas of heavy machinery overhaul, repairs, maintenance and production of spare parts for local industries.
- Successful candidate will be responsible for coordination and supervision of research for the development and manufacturing of heavy duty equipment and machineries for self-reliance and industrial development of Nigeria.
- He /She will provide solutions to the problems of equipment maintenance and local manufacturing of essential spare parts for heavy equipment and machineries.
- The Managing Director is accountable for the day-to-day running of the institute. H
- e manages resources for optimal utilization and revenue generation while ensuring profitability.
- He reports diredy to the Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive of NASENI.
- Candidate must possess a Ph.D. in the field of Mechanical, Automobile, Metallurgical, Materials, or Industrial Engineering.
- Candidates must be registered with COREN and produce evidence of membership of other relevant professional bodies.
- Scholarly publications in peer-reviewed journals is a requirement.
- Post graduation experience in any of the fields of Mechanical, Automobile, Metallurgical, Materials, or Industrial Engineering, is required.
- Sound knowledge of machine shop practice, machine tool operation at precision engineering level and automation aids for manufacturing operations will be an advantage.
- In addition, very reasonable knowledge of production management and control, and maintenance such as retrofit and management experience is also a requirement.
- Candidates must possess relevant Ph.D. Degrees appropriate to the mandate of the institutes.
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification (post first degree) experience in technical fields, and requisite experience at management level is a mandatory requirement.
- Candidates must possess knowledge in the new and emerging areas of science and technology, including CNC and CAD/CAM.
- Candidates must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Candidates must demonstrate capacity for Research and Development (R&D).
- Candidate should possess the ability to develop/implement prospective vision for the institute, establish strategic goals, liaise with the private sector and other local and international research and technology-based organizations.
- Senior executives in the Engineering/Science Infrastructure operation of NASENI, who meet the conditions herein are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates without factory/industrial experience need not apply.
- Candidates must not be more than fifty-five (55) years of age by October 2022.
- Ownership of productive patents would be an advantage.
Deadline: 9th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their Applications with Fifteen (15) copies of their up-to-date CV. This include among others:
- Educational / Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Relevant Job Experience
- Present Salary and Emolument
- Confidential Report from three Referees addressed directly to “The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive.
- Contact address with Telephone Numbers and Email Addresses.
All Applications should be sent in one envelope with the name of the Institute marked at the Top Left Hand Corner and addressed to:
The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive,
National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI),
Idu Industrial Area,
PMB 391, Garki,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.