The National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI) was established in 1992 by the Federal Government after the recommendations of the White Paper Committee on the 1991 Report of a 150 member National Committee on Engineering Infrastructure comprising Scientists, Engineers, Administrators, Federal and State Civil Servants, Economists, Lawyers, Bankers and Industrialists.
The mandate of NASENI is specifically in the area of Capital goods, research, production and reverse engineering. NASENI, by its mandate and scope of operation is the Nigerian only purpose built Agency designed to conduct developmental work in the areas of manufacturing and as such, it is capable of coordinating the proliferation of technologies developed either within or outside of its Centers including patents obtained. Technologies developed in the areas of spares, components and systems engineering are to be transferred to Entrepreneurs for the production of goods and services.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below for NASENI’s Research and Development (R&D) Institute:
Job Title: Managing Director, Scientific Equipment Development Institute (SEDI) – CONRAISS 15
Institute: Scientific Equipment Development Institute (SEDI)
Tenure: 4 Years Renewable
Mandate of The Institute
The mandate of Scientific Equipment Development Institute (SEDI) Minna is to research and produce technologies, equipment and machineries locally that will demystify teaching and learning of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). It is within the Institute areas of specialization and operations; the invention and production of innovative teaching aids and technical laboratory equipment for primary, secondary and tertiary institutions as well as industrial laboratory facilities in all specializations. These are ceded to the private sector for mass production and commercialization to stop importation of foreign product.
- The Managing Director will be responsible for all operations of the institute.
- He is responsible for design and manufacture of scientific and teaching educational as well as industrial laboratory equipment, machineries and spare parts.
- He is expected to drive emerging innovative growth oriented scientific equipment for creation expansion of SMEs in Nigeria.
- The Managing Director reports directly to the Executive Vice Chairman/ Chief Executive of NPSENI.
- Candidate must possess a Ph.D. qualification in any field of Mechanical, Electrical / Electronics, Chemical, Metallurgical, Materials, or Industrial Engineering.
- Candidates must be registered with COREN and produce evidence of membership of other relevant professional bodies.
- Publications in peer-reviewed scholarly journals is a requirement.
- Sound knowledge of machine shop practice at precision engineering level, and automation aids for manufacturing operations will be an advantage.
- In addition, very reasonable knowledge of production management and control, and maintenance management experience, will be required.
- Candidates must possess relevant Ph.D. Degrees appropriate to the mandate of the institutes.
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification (post first degree) experience in technical fields, and requisite experience at management level is a mandatory requirement.
- Candidates must possess knowledge in the new and emerging areas of science and technology, including CNC and CAD/CAM.
- Candidates must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Candidates must demonstrate capacity for Research and Development (R&D).
- Candidate should possess the ability to develop/implement prospective vision for the institute, establish strategic goals, liaise with the private sector and other local and international research and technology-based organizations.
- Senior executives in the Engineering/Science Infrastructure operation of NASENI, who meet the conditions herein are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates without factory/industrial experience need not apply.
- Candidates must not be more than fifty-five (55) years of age by October 2022.
- Ownership of productive patents would be an advantage.
Deadline: 9th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their Applications with Fifteen (15) copies of their up-to-date CV. This include among others:
- Educational / Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Relevant Job Experience
- Present Salary and Emolument
- Confidential Report from three Referees addressed directly to “The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive.
- Contact address with Telephone Numbers and Email Addresses.
All Applications should be sent in one envelope with the name of the Institute marked at the Top Left Hand Corner and addressed to:
The Executive Vice Chairman / Chief Executive,
National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI),
Idu Industrial Area,
PMB 391, Garki,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.