ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Mini Grids Project Engineer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Mini Grids
Reporting Line: Technical & Operations Manager, Minigrids
- The Project Engineer will work closely with the Technical and Operations Manager, play a support role in engineering project development for mini-grids while taking the lead in developing and deploying projects for high end commercial customers.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Participate in carrying out mini-grid feasibility studies: choice and sizing of PV equipment, site plans, simulation of the yield, electrical diagrams, sizing of storage systems and systems hybrids, etc.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress (Cost, Quality, Deadlines) with EPC contractors, coordinating various project activities and resolving problems on site.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, implementation plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Closely monitor contractor activities and progress on site and report same accurately.
- Follow quotes and invoicing in connection with projects
- Follow up on procurements and ensure the supply and timely delivery of materials to site
- Provide daily report on contractor site activities and quickly escalate any challenges faced on site to the Technical and Operations Manager.
- Take the lead in carrying out energy audits, sizing of PV equipment, site plans, simulation of the yield, electrical diagrams, sizing of storage systems and system hybrids for high end commercial customers.
- Perform site acceptance tests and checks at the end of the construction works to ensure full coverage of the scope of works by the EPC contractors
- Follow up on commissioning of the mini-grids after construction and prepare the documentations for handover
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar course
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on solar PV projects is required.
- Excellent command in Microsoft Excel, Word, Homer and AutoCAD are required. Experience with Microsoft project is desirable.
- Proficiency in any PV design software such as Helioscope, PVSyst, Homer etc is a great advantage.
- Robust experience with off-grid systems and power electronics like Victron, SMA
- Experience managing the construction of multiple sites simultaneously
- Be passionate about innovation and technology
- Have advanced skills in quantitative analysis
- Be methodical and have an eye for detail
- Be able to meet deadlines, get organized and carry out several tasks in parallel
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate a great sense of initiative and sense of priorities
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Commit to upholding high standards of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Demonstrate humility, honesty and flexibility
- Ability and proven experience to think creatively, team player and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and time management skills in construction environment
- Ability to produce timely and concise reports
- Willingness to travel and work on site for a long duration of time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
- All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply