Labana Rice Mills Limited is an integrated rice mill that was established in Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State in 2012. It commenced production in November 2014 with two independent plants that have the capacity to produce 400 MT/Day. The third additional plant that is currently under construction has the capacity to produce 300 MT/Day of parboiled rice. These added up to 700 MT/Day thereby making the company largest rice mill in Africa.
To ensure that product remain the dominant commodity in the market, the organization ensures that all departments are manned by experienced and capable members of staff. The Quality Control Department work hand -in-hand with production department to produce the highest quality parboiled rice. The company will continue to engage its customers and other stake holders to ensure adequate supply of our product nationwide and also to our immediate neighboring countries of the West African sub region.
We are seeking for competent and result- oriented candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi
Reports to: Managing Director/CEO
- Completion of Labana Rice Mills, Plant 2 within the second quarter of 2022.
- Planning, organizing and facilitating day-to-day operations of the two Plants in an optimal and effective mannr, to exceed our customers’ expectation.
- Increase production and plant capacity while minimizing costs and maintaining high quality standard.
Spheres of Control:
- The entire Plant (phase 1 & 2) coordinating such activities as milling, parboiling, boiler, Effluent treatment plant (ETP), Mechanical and Electrical Engineering units.
- The successful candidate will directly oversee the activities of the production manager, maintenance manager and electrical Engineer.
- Manage the production activities in all sub-units of the Plant (Milling, Parboiling, Boiler, ETP and Maintenance) and ensure the effective and efficient production of the highest quality parboiled rice on day-to-day basis.
- Ensure optimal levels of production cycles with major focus on excellent plant uptime, good asset utilization, strong inventory control, superior asset maintenance, robust facilities control, excellent manpower utilization, clear work standards and exceptional plant administration.
- Coordinate and Supervise production personnel towards achieving quality and timely production of our brands in all the milling lines.
- Ensure that production time of all our products are adhered to by all sub-units of the Plant.
- Promote implementation and adherence to health and safety measures that safeguard the workers, customers and property from environment and safety hazards.
- Cascade production targets and ensure initiatives are developed and implemented towards the achievement of agreed production goals
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering with a minimum of SecondClass Lower or Upper Credit respectively.
- A Master’s Degree and/ or, relevant professional certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 15 years relevant experience preferably in a Rice Milling Plant or in the alternative, any large scale food processing Plant, with at least 5 years in a Management position. Deep understanding of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) principles and practices.
- Versatile in safety procedures for plant operations and activities.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Excellent analytical/critical thinking skills.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong management skills with the ability to supervise multiple teams.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel
The salary attached to this position is competitive and within industry range.
Deadline: 29th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.