The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Duration: 6 months renewable
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
- Participate in market survey on fast moving items on a weekly basis
- Assist in procuring materials and items on cash as per the instruction of back of house Manager
- Preparing weekly report of outstanding purchase orders (Partial deliveries, nondeliveries, and GIT
- Ensure that invoices of all cash purchases are quickly submitted daily for preparation of imprest journal for processing and prompt reimbursement by the Finance unit
- Liaise with Supply chain unit on outstanding purchase order both locally and overseas orders to reduce encumbrances.
- Assist in raising local purchase order for imprest purchases and other deliveries to the unit
- Follow up with suppliers in ensuring prompt deliveries of items required for the day to day running of the unit.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Back of House Manager or supervisors.
- National Diploma in related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to work with minimal supervision, trustworthy and commitment to work during weekends and holiday when needed.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 29th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications must include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, Names and Addresses of three Professional Referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
- The application should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.