Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Development Representative, EMEA
Who Are You?
- You work well under pressure, think out-of-the-box, easily initiate relaxed yet informative two-way phone and email conversations with prospects, and are highly self-motivated.
- You understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
- You will be expected to report on qualification and call activity and stay thoroughly informed on all services and the engineering industry in general.
- Researching potential engineering leader prospects, contacting them via phone, email, and social media, qualifying them, educating prospects about the services and scheduling meetings with the sales team in a high-activity, high-energy environment
- Independently build and manage your pipeline leveraging our outbound sales software, including Salesforce.com and Salesloft, setting aggressive goals and achieving them
- Provide smooth and value-add transitions into longer conversations with our Account Executives
- Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you build out your sales skill set and prepare for future roles
- Develop your sales skills via active participation in ongoing trainings
- Thrive with the support of your teammates in weekly meetings and challenging team contests
- 0 – 2+ years of work experience, start-up or trained sales experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Persistence and ability to focus on the task at hand.
- The ability to triage competing priorities.
- Track record of over-achieving goals, in the classroom, on the playing field, or in business.
- A strong desire to grow your career in sales.
- Live Andela’s EPIC Value…professionalism and integrity are a must!
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online