St Carols Fountain School is an educational institution committed to achieving overall excellence in the upbringing of children from the age of three to eighteen years. We have Creche, Pre-school, Elementary and High School classes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Principal / Vice Principal
Location: S/ Ulakwo, Imo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Principal will oversee the school’s day-to-day operations.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the school management; coordinate and organize all academic and non-academic activities in the school.
- Develop standardized curricula, assess teaching methods; liaise with teachers to maintain set curricular, discipline and outstanding academic performance.
- Assist in the management of school budget, payroll, and general administration costs.
- Hiring, training and development of all teaching and administrative staff, evaluate staff performances and oversee infrastructural facilities.
- Assisting Teachers and School Counsellors with disciplinary measures and student counseling/mentoring programs.
- Establish and maintain safety protocols and emergency response procedures.
- Ensure a clean environment for teachers and students by implementing applicable hygiene rules.
- Compile and present data on school performance to board members.
- Oversee students’ personal, academic, and social development.
- Responsible for the preparation of timetable, class lists and maintenance of statutory documents.
- Responsible for the induction and orientation of new staff.
- Establish and maintain a climate in which students can develop self-confidence, self-reliance in academic excellence and self-discipline.
- Design a method of evaluating students’ progress, monitor achievement and encourage parents’ involvement with students performance improvement schemes as required.
- Organize and maintain on behalf of the school a responsible and accountable parent-teacher association PTA
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in any discipline with education bias at not less than 2:2 or Lower Credit level.
- Master’s Degree / Post Graduate Diploma in Education is required.
- Professional Qualification –Teachers’ Registration Council TRCN membership is compulsory.
- Minimum of fifteen 15 years’ working experience with at least five 5 years’ preferably in a Vice-Principal position in a co-educational school with a population of not less than 300 students.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of school administrative processes and national educational regulations.
- Computer skills and hands-on experience with MS Office and education management systems.
- Attention to detail.
- Conflict resolution and crisis management skills.
- Coaching and counselling skills.
- Candidates who have held Principal responsibility in a school of not less than 500 students may have an added advantage.
Deadline: 31st July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of mail.