At mDoc, we are working to augment the health system, in partnership with private and public entities to focus on what matters to our members in their communities. We are building an enabling community-based and digital ecosystem to better help people with self-management of their regular and chronic conditions while helping them navigate quality in-person healthcare when face-to-face self-care support is needed. We focus on personalized self-care. Over the next few months, we will grow quickly with key projects requiring a deep focus and the discipline, rigour and humility to test alongside our customers, iterate and ultimately scale quickly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, People
Employment Type: Full-time
- The person filling this position is a critical anchor to driving the success of our company.
- We need knowledgeable and dynamic problem-solvers to be part of the firm through its next stage of development.
- As Senior Manager, People, you will lead our transformation efforts across our People portfolio to design and implement mDoc Human Resource policies, practices, initiatives, and programs that ensure we build and sustain a psychologically safe, growth and learning-oriented environment where staff and company thrive.
- You are a strong leader, with integrity who will be responsible for crafting and deployment of people-based policies, including tools that enable our team to effectively manage and deliver on critical milestones and work in concert with the leadership and management team to contribute to accelerating our growth.
- Since this is a digital company, you will be expected to learn and become an expert and role model in the use of technology for project management, delivery and oversight.
- We are looking for real problem-solvers, who actively work to figure out solutions. We are looking for communicators who understand the value of communication and pushing on behalf of the company.
People and General Operations:
- Lead development and implementation of people-centred strategies aligned with mDoc’s vision, mission, culture, core values, competencies and behaviours as we move towards geographical expansion and accelerated growth.
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop and monitor new organizational design systems and processes aligned with mDoc’s growth and impact plans.
- Lead, manage, and execute organisational design efforts and help to create and execute a talent management strategy across business lines and help to lead change management projects. Drive all hiring, onboarding and retention efforts, end to end.
- Ensure the organizational structure for the business is deployed efficiently and effectively to optimize the startup organization
- Oversee execution of office and hub renovations to align with our people strategies.
- Identify opportunities to architect effective and dynamic organizational designs and development interventions, promoting efficiency and team engagement. Develop meaningful and diverse succession plans.
- Develop recommendations for organizational design and effectiveness to support scale
- Drive people processes aligned with geographic expansion and oversee alignment across teams working on the same mission across multiple geographies.
- Act as key contact for employee concerns and compliance-related issues.
- Harness data analytics and trained capabilities to predict opportunities and proactively design solutions and programs to optimize outcomes.
- Lead employee wellness initiatives.
- Utilize data and technology to support strategy and harness measures to track team engagement, performance, and retention
- Be experienced working with diverse teams in order to build an environment that promotes equity
- Proactively support and help to drive the startup operational structures required so that mDoc is functioning optimally from a regulatory and financial perspective.
- Actively analyze business analytics to advise organizational priorities and decision-making pertaining to staffing, business development, and revenue growth
- Leverage in-house tools to facilitate KPI and performance management process amongst team
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings. Leverage Jira for meeting notes, owner assignments and timelines.
- Oversee refinement and implementation of HR policies, procedures, and guidelines. These will include topics such as health and safety, data protection, and security, onboarding, and Help to research and develop where nonexistent
- Work to ensure that the program staff and consultants adhere to these policies, procedures and guidelines and surface any challenges or barriers
- Help to develop recognition and rewards for staff
- Support the cultivation of the culture of lean and continuous improvement within the team, engaging them to be an active part of the company’s evolution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Human Resources, Management, Business, etc required
- Masters’s Degree preferred
- Over 7 years of experience in an HR or operations role
- Experience with technology tools for HR, Operations or Project Management
- A problem-solving way of thinking. We are looking for you to come with the ability to solve problems.
- Experience and understanding of health and healthcare
- Exceptional communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Experience in using technology platforms for project planning.
- Comfort in working with a global team and in a startup environment.
- A recognition that mDoc is an early-stage startup so we work around the clock and are looking for you to work quickly and efficiently.
- A willingness to work super hard and problem-solve as a collective.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV, Cover Letters and a link to their Twitter or IG handle (if they have one) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- As part of the mDoc recruiting process and in our effort to find candidates that align with our work ethic, you will be tasked with assignments as well as a problem-solving assessment if you move forward in the interview process.