Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer – Ubuntu Server for Public Cloud
- This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and Ubuntu Server. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
- Ubuntu Server is a platform that enables amazing technology the whole world over. Applicants to this role will have the opportunity to help with everything that goes into building Ubuntu Server. They will get to work with our experienced team and have the benefits of learning and growing alongside the best engineers in the business.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and produce high quality code to fix them
- Review code produced by other engineers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
- Become involved in the planning of new Ubuntu features, both new ideas in your areas of interest and advising on work being done elsewhere
- Assist in the maintenance of Ubuntu Server packages. Specifically but not limited to:
- Traditional server workloads (web servers, databases, network services, etc)
- Package management
- Booting and early userspace
- Language runtimes
- Collaborate with other teams in the Ubuntu and Debian communities, with upstream projects, and commercially supported customers
- Collaborate and work with our partners to make Ubuntu the best experience in the cloud.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar Degree
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have interest and experience with two or more of the following: Ubuntu Linux – kernel or userspace, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Ceph, AI/ML, QEMU/KVM, LXC/LXD, Python, Go, C, Postgresql, Mongo, Debian packaging, scalable web services
- Involvement in open source projects in the past a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online