Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The French Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Supervisor
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Contract: 208 working hours per month with roster flexibility
- Planning and supervising the execution of the supply chain activities in the project or capital (order, procurement, transport and customs and stock management) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
- Planning, coordinating, supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the supply activities in the project as specified by the line manager, ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures. Including the following tasks:
- Order management: Responsible for the supply administration, the correct filing and archiving of the supply database and the efficient processing and follow-up of orders and requests
- Procurement: Responsible for purchase management, in particular, the follow-up of purchases, and preparation, together with the supply Manager, market assessments, contracts and supplier evaluations and communication with local suppliers for the status of purchase orders, claims and complaints
- Transport: Ensuring the clearing and the transport of medical and non-medical goods of the project
- Stock management: Controlling quality and costs and the physical state of orders and determines the quantities of products to buy (volume) taking into account the demand and needs of the project, the availability forecasts, delivery timelines, budget and other relevant factors and monitors stock levels related to monthly consumption figure, expiry dates, excess drugs and possible shortage in the capital
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs
- Coordinating and leading the team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work), drawing up a working schedule
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Essential technical Diploma in Supply Chain.
- 1-2 years in MSF Logistics Department, previous experience in supply chain activities related jobs.
- Essential mission language (English). Desirable local language.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2.
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2.
- Behavioural Flexibility L2.
- to MSF Principles L2.
- Stress Management L3.
Deadline: 19th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.