WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Reports to: Managing Director
About the Job
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- Responsible for the day-to-day tax functions for Yinson Nigeria’s operations.
- Support tax compliance for Yinson Nigeria’s operations, and any other tax functions as may be directed from time to time.
- Registration and control of invoices and disbursements.
Engage in general tax compliance including but not limited to:
- Corporate tax compliance
- Transaction taxes administration and compliance
- Indirect tax administration and compliance
- Transfer pricing compliance
- Employment tax compliance
- Stamp duty compliance
- Any other tax compliance as required
- Support with tax audits
- Liaise with tax agents and other external consultants;
- Respond to routine queries from internal & external stakeholders
- Identify and assist Tax Manager with tax planning and advisory initiatives that concern Nigeria
- Engage in Ad-hoc tax related support
- Control and entry of invoices and disbursements for the Units into the accounting system and file for payment
- Responsible for maintaining a high degree of HSE awareness;
- Observe and report any unsafe activities, conditions or situations;
- If you observe anything unsafe use the ‘Stop Work’ card.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience Required
- First Degree in a Business related discipline
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA, ACTI)
- Qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
- 2 – 3 years’ work experience in a tax function in a multinational company or a tax advisory firm
- Wide experience and knowledge of taxation within Nigeria
- Wide experience and knowledge of taxation within Nigeria’s Oil & Gas Industry would be a plus
- Sound application of tax knowledge to commercial agenda
- Sound judgement regarding acceptable levels of tax risk
- Proficient Microsoft Office user
- Experience with standard accounting / ERP system(s)
- Focused on timely and quality deliverables
- Attention to detail
- Team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online