The University of Lagos founded in 1962, has, for over 5 decades, provided qualitative and research-oriented education to Nigerians and all those who have entered its domain in search of knowledge. The University has built a legacy of excellence and has been instrumental in the production of top range graduates and academia who have had tremendous impact, directly or indirectly, on growth and development in Nigeria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University.
- He/She must demonstrate innovative abilities and drive in improving the financial status of the University.
- He/she must have sound knowledge and experience in banking, investment and budgetary procedures.
- He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration, control of the financial affairs of the University and generation of resources for the implementation and sustenance of the University’s strategic goals as contained in the 25-Year Strategic Plan.
- For the post, the University seeks candidates with vision, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life. The right candidate should have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University.
- He/She should be able to command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be in good health, be ICT compliant and must not be older than sixty (60) years on Wednesday, November 02, 2022.
- The successful candidate should be able to sustain and improve on the University Bursary’s established linkages.
- Candidate must possess a good honours Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized institution plus an NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
- Possession of a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage. In addition, the candidate must be a duly registered Fellow of recognized professional Accounting bodies, e.g. ICAN, ANAN, ACCA or any other recognised and acceptable professional accounting qualification.
- The candidates should have at least ten (10) years of post-professional qualification(s).
- In addition, the candidates must have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in a senior management position preferably in a University or comparable institution.
Deadline: 14th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online