Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: UNIX Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- UNIX System Administrators install, configure, and maintain computer systems and servers running on UNIX. They form an integral part of the IT team and respond to server breakdowns, user issues, and network errors.
- Administration of Red hat Linux, Solaris, Oracle Linux environment.
- Installation, Configuration & Troubleshooting of Red hat Linux, Solaris, Oracle Linux
- Strong Knowledge on clustering and troubleshooting
- Responsible for Technology refresh in respective domain
- Perform user account management such as user creation, user deletion, modification etc.
- Manage and create users groups as per Policies.
- Monitor Server concurrent logins and connections for the Portal environment.
- Monitor disk space, processor utilization, network utilization for the Portal environment.
- Provide remote support for operating system installation and configuration when required.
- Perform regular backup activities on the environment as per the policies and procedures.
- Work with principle vendors when issues arise to determine the root cause of problems to provide work around or permanent fix.
- Perform Operating System management and administration including patch updates, fine-tuning, access management, etc.
- Work with security team to apply fixes, security policies, help with investigations and hardening systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar field.
- Experience: 8 years of experience
- Experience in virtualization technologies
- Previous experience as a UNIX system administrator/Manager
- Knowledge of UNIX and LINUX operating systems, storage environments, file systems and network protocols.
- Derailed knowledge of UNIX principles, file editing, UNIX commands and file manipulation.
- Knowledge of networking principles including routing, subnets, TCP, IP, VLANs and UDP.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Deadline: 4th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the closing date and time will be automatically rejected.