The Blowfish Hotel – In the heart of Victoria Island, The Blowfish Group brings you the world in one place. Hospitality and leisure, backed by a truly international team of industry professionals. Global standards and the warmth of Nigerian hospitality perfected over time. With our unique approach to servicing, we offer high-end hospitality and leisure carefully tailored with love to suit our customers’ requirements.
Our primary and most essential goal is to keep our customers fully satisfied. The needs of our clientele are prioritized and we thrive to fulfil their needs and requirements. With the best-trained team and chefs in Lagos, the Blowfish Group is guaranteed to provide you a complete once in a lifetime experience during each visit.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
- Ensure that customer has meet the minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation, and report any problems.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
Requirements and skills
- Possess an SSCE / OND qualification
- Applicant must be good looking and willing to maintain maximum hygiene
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3 years waiter/waitress experience.
- Applicant must be very conversant with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages
- Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with restaurant patrons
- Flexibility to work in shifts
N35,000 – N50,000 monthly.
Deadline: 27th June, 2022; 12:00pm.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.