United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager – Direct Sales
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- We are currently seeking an Area Sales Manager. The candidate for this position must have good knowledge of bank policies and procedures.
- The Area Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales of the bank’s retail products and ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales count and volumes through area business development; planning, deployment and management of sales personnel (Personal Banking Profit Centre managers PCM/DSEs).
- The ASM also identifies market opportunities and drives strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales/earnings for the area of coverage.
- Drives sales of the bank’s retail products to ensure achievement of area product sales and volume budgets.
- Coordinates activities of Personal Banking Profit Centre managers (PCMs) posted to their areas to achieve the sales targets of the bank.
- Sets business objectives for the Direct Sales Executives.
- Develops coordinated strategies for cluster market penetration to achieve set targets.
- Drives conceptualization and execution of market storms as a key driver of sales.
- Accountable for all product sales metrics as applicable.
- Closely coordinates sales activities with the branches and areas to ensure maximum impact of sales activities 35%.
- Conducts regular competitive analysis via market feedback to compare offerings with the competition.
- Performs regular market scanning to provide feedback to product/segment managers on opportunities for product and service improvements.
- Reviews and maintains daily activity reports of the Personal Banking Profit Centre Managers, and Direct Sales Executives, ensuring their daily tasks feed into the overall objective to achieve the budget numbers.
- Ensures that new/redeployed DSE are provided with the support required to work ID cards, etc.
- Daily, weekly & monthly performance assessment of PCM/DSEs.
- Conducts periodic (weekly & quarterly) training for PCM/DSE policies, procedures, products & services.
- Ensures MIS maintenance is carried out daily and liaises with Profit Centre Managers (PCM) to ensure that accounts introduced by DSEs are ceded to the branches after twelve months.
- Monitors overhead expenses ensuring costs are kept within budget.
- Timely & regular provision of relevant market feedback to the product teams, areas & branches, providing appropriate recommendations to improve offerings.
- Working with branches/areas to execute market storms & cluster marketing.
- Assists Head, Direct Sales (in liaison with HCM) to implement effective people management and execute recruitment strategies for DSEs.
- Ensure that new/redeployed staff are provided with the support required to work.
- Ensures adequate training of PCMs and DSEs on any newly developed product and services.
- First Degree in any related field.
- Master’s and/or other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 relevant experiences in Sales and Marketing.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent numeric and analytic skills.
- Excellent Relationship Management skills.
- Good project and time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Strong analytical and Numeracy skills
- Management and Leadership knowledge and experience.
- Being proactive and innovative, problem solving, new ways of doing things, change agent.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Deadline: 25th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online