Novella Africa Limited – Our client, a leading company in FMCG industry, with strong commitment in the manufacturing of fruit juices and drinks, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Job ID.: ZR_42_JOB
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversee financial and accounting processes to ensure compliance with Corporate and local policies, statutory requirements, and IFRS. Maintain ethical standards with unyielding integrity.
- Lead the smooth implementation of the company’s financial solutions and applications including SAP
- Serve as the primary contact with independent auditors and audit-related accounting matters.
- Manage administration of accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory control accounting, and payroll.
- Oversee the month-end close process to ensure timely closure and financial report preparation.
- Preparation of annual budgets – Profit & Loss, Cash Flow & Balance Sheet.
- Analyze and report variances – Propose and implement remedial action.
- Estimate the requirement of funds – short-term and long-term.
Financial Management Reporting and Cost Control Function:
- Implement financial controls and develop financial management mechanisms to minimize financial risk. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
Manage the company’s financial reporting systems:
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines including:
- Monthly management accounts
- Flash reports
- Working capital
- Board & Investor Packs
- Analyze, interpret and report operating results and make specific recommendations to achieve cost-effectiveness and profit improvements.
- Provide gross profit reporting, analyses, and forecasting.
- Anticipate management needs and develop analyses in response to those needs and in support of management decisions.
Balance Sheet and Assets Management Function:
- Work with operating personnel to achieve effective balance sheet and assets management.
- Oversee development and carrying-out of inventory control procedures, including physical stock-take and audit.
- Account for and maintain proper inventory reserves for Excess, Expired, and Obsolete Inventory.
- Review assets register to keep track of and safeguard company assets.
- Cash Flow Management & Control Function
- Daily control of elements affecting working capital.
- Oversee operational cash management and cash flow forecasting.
- Oversee preparation of financial accounts for auditing purposes.
- Oversee annual audits.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure that annual monitoring is carried out effectively.
- Conduct internal audits
- Control Function
- Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls in support of business processes and decisions.
- Ensure all activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands, ethical standards, and the internal management policies.
- Review the preparation and submission of company statutory documents
- First Degree in a relevant field (Accounting / Business Management)
- Professional certification is required (ACA, ACCA, FCA)
- A Post-graduate Degree or MBA will be an added advantage.
- Strong commercial finance experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience as a Financial Controller in Beverage/FMCG industry is essential.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads.
- Negotiation skills, analytical skills, and ability to multitask.
Deadline: 17th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply