Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Officer
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Contracts & Corporate Advisory Lead
- This role is responsible for drafting, negotiating, structuring, interpreting, executing, and/or administering contractual documents and facilitates risk/benefit analysis.
- Support in drafting and reviewing of all bidding and contract related documents.
- Track of all standard documents released by government authorities.
- Oversee the entire contract management activities starting with bid process management including RFQ, RFP, tender invitation, techno –commercial evaluation, etc.
- Assist in commercial negotiation – After evaluation, the bidders are negotiated for a better price.
- Anticipate/spot legal and business issues in contracts and direct them to the attention of the Contracts & Corporate Advisory Lead and the user department, taking into account the practical business goals of the Company.
- Prepares contracts for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations
- Interprete contracts and advises the company of contractual responsibilities.
- Independently handle and negotiate simple agreements, such as confidential disclosure, material transfer and standard service agreements.
- Oversee Service Level Agreement Compliance
- Supervise preparation of purchase order once supplier is finalized.
- Provide support during contract period, keeps a tab on important parameters and raise alarms in case of any deviations.
- Undertake legal verification of contract documents & settlement of dispute.
- Maintain a deep understanding of contract templates, contracts policy, legal risk and liability, and company position on various matters.
- Maintain and ensure that the contracts register is up to date.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Law
- At least 4 years’ experience in contracts management from a reputable organisation.
- Contract Management
- Legal Drafting
- Legal Advisory
- Stakeholder Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Strategic thinking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th August, 2022.