The European University of Nigeria (EUN) is a newly established and NUC licensed university located in Abuja (FCT), Nigeria, with a vision to be a foremost globally-recognized institution raising competent individuals capable of responding to economic and technological needs of the society and the environment.
We invite applications from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the University and subject to the directions of and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and the Board of Trustees of the University for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He/She must be competent to advise on financial policies, budgeting, disbursement of funds and be responsible for the preparation of Annual Estimates, Planning, Control and periodic evaluation of University accounting and treasury services, including investment of funds, preparation and updating of Manual of Financial Procedures etc.
- The Bursar is also expected to carry out other duties as may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
- Advise Governing Council, Vice-Chancellor, committees, deans, and other officers of the University on financial matters
- Assess, develop and implement manual and computerized accounting and financial management systems and procedures as well as control systems
- Direct the preparation of consolidated financial statements of the University
- Direct the preparation of periodic income and expenditure balance sheet and cash flow estimates of the University
- Ensure that proper records of all assets of the University are maintained and that assets are properly guarded against theft natural and other disasters, etc.
- Ensure the correct and timely preparation of financial statements and accounts of the University and their submission to the Vice Chancellor, Governing Council and committees
- Ensure the execution of the annual audits of the University’s accounts in an efficient and effective manner
- Monitor and ensure the efficient and effective management of the fixed assets, working capital, receivables, and payables of the University
- Monitor capital expenditure on projects, make returns to relevant authorities and comply with due process and other financial regulations
- Monitor the funds received from donors and other agencies to ensure that they are used for the specified projects and that required reports are submitted promptly
- Scrutinize the University’s monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against approved spending plan
- Organise the evolvement and updating of financial management plans of the University.
- Possess a good Honours Degree in Accounting
- Be professionally qualified (.e.g, possessing any of ICAN, ANAN, ACCA
- ACA etc)
- Have at least fifteen (15) years of post-qualification cognate working experience which should include not less than seven (7) years at the managerial level in a recognized establishment.
Conditions of Service
- The Bursar shall serve for a term of five years in the first instance, which may be renewed.
- The remuneration shall be negotiated which may be improved from time to time with performance.
Deadline: 2nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
All applicants are required to comply with the following conditions:
- Each application should be accompanied with a copy of the candidate’s Application Letter, the statement of his/her vision for the university under his/her leadership and current Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate.
- The curriculum vitae must indude the candidate’s name in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements and any other relevant information.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees (at least one should be able to testify to the academic standing of the candidate and another to his/her moral character and integrity).
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward their reports directly to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each application must be accompanied by a statement of the candidate’s vision of the university.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for discussion and or interview.