The European University of Nigeria (EUN) is a newly established and NUC licensed university located in Abuja (FCT), Nigeria, with a vision to be a foremost globally-recognized institution raising competent individuals capable of responding to economic and technological needs of the society and the environment.
We invite applications from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Vice-Chancellor shall, in reation to the University, take precedence before all other members of the University except the Chancellor and, subject to section 7(1) of the University Law, except the Pro-Chancellor and any other person for the time being acting as Chairman of the Governing Cound, except when acting as Chairman of Convocation.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall have the general function, in addition to any other functions conferred on him by the University Law or otherwise, of directing the activities of the University, and shall to the exclusion of any other power or authority be the Chief Executive, Academic and Finance Officer of the University and Chairman of the Senate.
- The ViceChancellor is specifically charged with the smooth running of the University and shall exercise such functions as may be conferred on, or imposed upon him by the University Law, statutes and regulations and shal, subject to the provision of the University Law, exercise general supervision aver disciplines in the University, monitoring the efficiency and good order of the University.
- By virtue of office, be the Chairman of the Senate, shall preside over meetings of congregation and in the absence of the Chancellor, the Vice-Chancellor shall preside over convocation for the conferment of degrees, and other academic titles and distinctions of the University:
- Be the principal officer of the University responsible to the Governing Council for the organization and conduct of the business of the University
- Serve as the nerve center of activities in areas of protocol external relations and coordination of various internal organs of the University
- Exercise general academic supervision over the University and shall have a general responsibility to the Governing Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University, and it shall be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to see that the provisions of the Law, the statutes and regulations are observed and he may exercise such powers as may be necessary or expedient for that purpose
- By virtue of his office, be a member of the Governing Council, the Senate, the Faculties, Institutes and any other authority of the University set up by the Senate and or any Board or Committee appointed by any of those bodies
- Provide leadership and direction to the University through policy foundation, development and implementation to ensure accountability and responsibility for efficient and effective compliance with the University Law, statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Promote and advance the vision, Mission and objects of the University
- Take a proactive role in facilitating and encouraging cooperation and colaboration among allargans of the University
- Ensures activities of the institution support the strategic plan of the University
- Manage resources within the approved estimates in accordance with the provisions of the law and statutes of the University
- Manage the student academic affairs, student discipline and student issues generally.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned or referred to him by the Governing Council.
- The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is required to posses a good University education and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate should:
- Be a highly distinguished academic with a PhD, and who is well rooted in the finest academic tradition
- Be on the rank of professor for at least 10 years
- Have had a wide academic and administrative experience at a reputable university, and be capable of giving dynamic academic and administrative leadership
- Be able to engender both national and international respect, particularly in the academic world Possess the ability to create the much-needed harmony between staff and students on the one hand and between members of the university community and the wider community on the other hand
- Be a person with a clear vision and capacity to institute the new university and to pursue its development
- Be someone who appreciates, and acts on merit and who will resist under pressure
- Be of sound mental and physical health
- Be prepared to demonstrate commitment to the university’s vision mission and core values, as well as the pursuit of its strategic objectives
- Be a person who is not older than 60 years at the point of assumption of duty as Vice-chancellor
- Possess appreciable computing skills as well as the ability to embrace information and communications technology
Conditions of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall serve for a term of five years in the first instance, which may be renewed.
- The renumeration shall be negotiated which may be improved from time to time with performance.
Deadline: 2nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
All applicants are required to comply with the following conditions:
- Each application should be accompanied with a copy of the candidate’s Application Letter, the statement of his/her vision for the university under his/her leadership and current Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate.
- The curriculum vitae must indude the candidate’s name in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements and any other relevant information.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees (at least one should be able to testify to the academic standing of the candidate and another to his/her moral character and integrity).
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward their reports directly to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each application must be accompanied by a statement of the candidate’s vision of the university.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for discussion and or interview.