Klasha is a technology company that builds cross-border commerce solutions for African consumers and international businesses wanting to sell into Africa. Our mission is to make consumer goods and services online more accessible to customers across Africa. We’ve built the KlashaCheckout which allows African consumers to transact online cross-border in local African currencies alongside an entire toolkit of software products including; KlashaWire, KlashaCargo, Payment Links and the Klasha App.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Role
- We are seeking a new middle weight-senior graphic designer to join our team. You will be designing a wide variety of things across digital and offline media.
- To be successful in this position, you will be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail.
- Plan concepts by studying relevant information and material.
- Illustrate concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Prepare finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Coordinate with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing additional tasks as needed.
- Communicate with managers about layout and design.
- Create a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as photoshop.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements when necessary.
- Conceptualise and stay up to date with the latest trends within the design space.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 5+ experience as a graphic designer or in a related field.
- Prior experience with and a strong portfolio.
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Suite, Figma and common graphics design software.
- A never-ending desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb visual and conceptual skills to solve problems and create novel solutions.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Illustrator.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Team members are required to come into the office at least thrice a week.
People are the heart of our business, so we prioritise welfare and offer a wide range of competitive benefits, including but not limited to:
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Private health insurance.
- Headspace and Spill membership.
- Budget for French language classes.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Hybrid; remote + office hours and flexible working conditions.
- Access toKlasha Sessions, development training courses.
- Diesel and fuel allowance for remote working.
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; Work from anywhere for three weeks in a year.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online