Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Host / Hostess
Job Number: 22119538
Location: Lagos Marriott Hotel Ikeja, Lagos
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
- Greet guests and determine the number in their party.
- Seat guests by finding a clean, available table; pulling out chairs; placing clean/current menu in front of guest, etc.
- Guide guests through the dining rooms and provide any needed assistance.
- Move and arrange tables, chairs, and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs.
- Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the standard place setting.
- Check menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures;
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online