Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Supervisor
Location: Shinkafi, Zamfara
Report to: Medical Activity Manager
Report to (functional): Project Medical Referent
Area: Medical & Paramedical
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Contract Duration: According to Needs
- Planning, organizing and carrying out laboratory activities and supervising the laboratory staff according to MSF protocols, security measures and hygiene standards, in order to support the MSF medical team in the diagnosis of patients’ diseases.
- Performing laboratory tests and carrying out sample collection (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology, parasitology
- Ensuring proper management (cleaning, maintenance, arranging) of all laboratory equipment and the adequate supply of needed equipment and material in order to prevent stock-outs.
- In cooperation with logistics department, ensuring that cold chain is properly maintained in Laboratory areas for both, samples and reagents.
- In the absence of a Laboratory Manager, ensuring proper registration and needs of all lab related activities and implementing correct use of the associated management tool (EpyTryp, etc).
- Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the Project biomedical service.
- Produce regular reports on testing and on any issues / problems related to laboratory personnel and / or the material used.
- Collaborate with LGA authorities (DSNO) in sample collection and follow up of results for diseases of outbreak potential e.g. meningitis, cholera, measles, e.t.c.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing laboratory analysis and quality assurance program services;
- Participate in Capacity building for MoH staff, propose agenda of trainings weekly or monthly.
- Collaborate with community engagement and MoH Lab authorities to ensure continuous availability of blood at blood bank
- Participate in regular follow up of patients in wards and ensure diagnostic tests are being carried out timely and accurately.
- Essential Degree as Laboratory Technician.
- Essential: 2 years’ experience in a laboratory, preferably as a Lab Tech.
- Desirable: in MSF or another NGO, desirable in a clinical laboratory.
- Local language and mission language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Stress management.
Deadline: 22nd July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Women and People with Disabilities are encouraged to Apply.
Leave a Reply