Rayhaan Bustan & Agro Allied Limited is a world-class Agro-based company with ties and investments in various emerging markets for innovative and sustainable rice production and processing across several developing countries and around the world at large. Our facilities are known to cover the full range of rice and paddy handling – from pre-cleaning, paddy storage, dryers, hullers, polishers, rice whiteners, optical sorters to bagging, to produce best quality products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livestock Manager
Location: Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Livestock Manager will take care of animals accordingly, will take care of the environments with sustainable agriculture and food systems.
- Planning and implementing breeding programmes
- Implementing new technology which minimises cost and enhances yield
- Recruiting and managing staff and ensuring they work safely and effectively
- Managing cash flow and developing and monitoring budgets
- Monitoring the health and welfare of the livestock
- Ensuring the farm is compliant with various legal guidelines and working to minimise the environmental impact of the business, for instance via waste disposal
- Keeping records on the movements of all livestock in to and out from the farm
- Marketing and selling the livestock to a variety of customers
- Negotiating with suppliers.
- Plans and implements policies and procedures to attain profitability and ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Reviews production and storage records to determine productivity.
- Prepares breeding or hatching schedules based on customer orders, market forecasts, and available facilities and equipment.
- Examines livestock for illness or disease and advises designated personnel of action to be taken or secures veterinarian services.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to ensure compliance with sanitation standards and to determine maintenance and repair requirements.
- Prepares farm activity reports, such as livestock production, sales, and reports, required by government regulations.
- Managing any farm diversification activities
- Undertaking practical work as necessary depending on the volume of work.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Animal Science or equivalent.
- At least 4 years experience in a production, in an Agro allied, grain milling, food, and beverage manufacturing companies
- Additional courses in business management or administration are recommended.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting of food for consumption including crop rotation methods, animal husbandry, and food storage/handling techniques
- Knowledge of plant and animal living tissue, cells, organisms, and entities, including their functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in personnel/human resource functions. This includes recruitment, selection, training, and promotion regulations and procedures; compensation and benefits packages; labor relations and negotiation strategies; and personnel information systemsn
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills;
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments;
- Superb Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Stay alert while standing or sitting for long periods of time;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills;
- Available to work extended hours;
- Physical dexterity.
Deadline: 31st July, 2022.