Private Airlines Services Limited (Operators of United Nigeria) is a wholly Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the registered tradename; United Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: CEO/COO
Effective Date: TBA
- United Nigeria Airlines is a fast-growing commercial airline operator based in Nigeria. We are looking for a talented Risk Manager to join Team United Nigeria.
- If you’re eager for your next challenge, United Nigeria Airlines is a great place to grow your career. You’ll be glad you applied to United Nigeria for the role of a Risk Manager.
- The Enterprise Risk Management Department of United Nigeria develops and communicates the risk policies and processes for the Company.
- It develops and implements the risk models and controls involving market, credit, operational and regulatory risks, ensures that internal controls are operating effectively, and provides research and analytical support to the enterprise.
- The Risk Manager must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes.
- Designing and implementing overall risk management processes and strategies for the company;
- Performing a risk assessment: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company including the financial impact on the company when risks occur;
- Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements;
- Establishing the level of risk, the company is willing to take
- Developing a risk matrix in terms of probability of occurrence and severity of consequence;
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience, the board, management and financiers and regulatory agencies.
- Advising the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business;
- Ensuring that business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments;
- Ensuring that staff understand their own accountability for individual risks;
- Explaining the external risk posed by corporate governance to stakeholders
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks;
- Implementing health and safety measures, and purchasing insurance
- Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors;
- Maintaining records of insurance policies and claims
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposals
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the COO/ED
Experience & Qualifications
- A Minimum of 8 years requisite experience in enterprise risk management in a large organization. Experience in the Aviation industry will be an advantage.
- A Degree in the following subjects is not vital but can be included in a job description:
- Risk Management
- Management or Business Studies
- Finance or Economics
- With a professional qualification in accounting, CFA or Risk management. A Postgraduate degree will be an advantage.
Job Attribute Required Skills:
The following skills will be required:
- Analytical skills and an eye for details
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
- Communication and presentation skills
- his is a senior position in the Company.
- The Risk Manager reports directly to the CEO and to the Board of Directors as may be necessary.
Deadline: 27th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (indicating Location) and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.