Glovo – We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you’ll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager (They / He / She)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Your work-life opportunity
- As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence in the Abuja in Nigeria.
- You will lead the team and help them building a top-notch supply structure, owning the operational KPIs of your cities, engaging with and retaining couriers (or glovers, as we like to call them), and coordinating projects across these geographic areas.
- Your main responsibility is to make sure the long-term sustainability of the fleet, its satisfaction, as well as its daily performance.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Improve the regional operations by ensuring our ambitious targets
- Lead the Supply Operations team in your city
- Hire, train and mentor the team members
- Standardize processes across the different geographies under your scope
- Build tools to speed up Local teams’ autonomy
- Commit to contributing to Glovo’s growth, getting the job done
- Work with local providers and legal teams, to ensure the best in class operations in the region
- Bring the operations team to the next level!
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics are a plus
- 5+ years total professional experience, preferably in ops/strategy consulting or in an operations/logistic company, 2+ years in a managerial role
- The skills to manage the big picture and the smallest details. You´re always on top of your deadlines and you demonstrate to be an organization freak!
- Track record of success delivering and implementing new solutions/processes/standardization
- Experience in KPIs tracking and creation and optimization expertise
- Problem solver, data-driven decision-making with an analytical approach
- SQL knowledge and proficiency in Excel are a plus
- Ability to manage small work teams and lead changes
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Experience our Glovo Life Benefits
- Enticing equity plan (if applicable)
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- External learning budget
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance
- If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).