Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Technician
- To operate and manage several water-treatment processes for the ultimate purpose of electricity generation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Production of pre-treated fresh water as feedstock for several downstream water treatment processes.
- Production of high-quality ultrapure water using ion-exchange process for electricity generation.
- Quality assurance for all water treatment processes including boiler water treatment processes.
- Daily plant patrol and equipment monitoring, operations logging and report writing, and material balance accounting.
- Bulk preparation of treatment chemicals.
- Potable water production for domestic and other general-purpose use.
- Perform several material regenerative processes such as ion-exchange resins’ regeneration, and carbon and sand filter backwash.
Education and Work Experience
- Good knowledge of laboratory techniques and practices
- Knowledge of chemical inventory valuation and management techniques
- Good analytical ability
- Good understanding of laboratory reagents and their storage procedure
- Knowledge of safe working procedures for chemical handling
- Good written and oral communication Skills
- Problem solving and attention to details
- Good use of MS Office tools
- Knowledge and experience of working with relevant modern laboratory equipment
- Good knowledge of laboratory safety practices and use of personal protective equipment
- Understanding of the chemistry cycle of a power plant
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 8th July, 2022.