Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Coordinator (F / M)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with regular field visits to sites of intervention or assessment)
Employment Type: Fixed-term Contract
Duration: 6 months
Job Status: Employee
Starting date: as soon as possible
- Under the supervision of the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and in close collaboration with the HQ health advisor and HQ pharmacy advisor, you are responsible for the overall management of the pharmaceutical, kits and nutrition commodities and material needed for the projects.
- You manage directly a deputy pharmacy coordinator.
Your main responsibilities are:
Pharmacy & medical stock management:
- Ensure the proper stock management of items and the storage conditions in the pharmacy store
- Ensure the proper elaboration and reception of international and national orders and the request and reception of donations
- Ensure the management of expired/damaged drugs/items
- Ensure that field items supply is achieved according to the needs and on time
- Ensure the collection and evaluation of the weekly/monthly drugs/items consumption of the MdM mission
- Manage alert on drugs/items quality and ensure incident report and action accordingly.
Technical support and capacity building:
- Coach the pharmacists on pharmaceutical management at warehouse
- Train and support medical supervisors and pharmacists on stock management, consumption, drugs order request/receptions, donations from partners and reporting
- Set-up a capacity building plan for the team
- Support the program and logistics departments on pharmacy orders
- Participate on organize drugs protocols training for MdM staff and/or MoH health workers; train and inform on drugs risks/quality prescription with a specific focus on antibiotics resistance.
- Organize weekly/monthly work plan for the pharmacy team
- Conduct the performance appraisal of the deputy pharmacist
- Participate on the recruitment process according to the needs
- Provide technical supervision of pharmacists and drug dispensers.
Communication & reporting:
- Ensure information is shared to field teams when alert on drugs/items quality
- Communicate with partners and participate on regular basis to inter-agency pharmacy meetings
- Coordinate with UNICEF for nutrition commodities together with nutrition technical advisor
- Ensure the centralization of all drugs/item’s information available on the mission and contribute to report
- Contribute to donor reporting by providing relevant data and indicators.
- Pharmacist / Pharmacy Master / Doctor
- 3 years’ experience (ideally with initial field experience and/or pharmacy stock management experience)
- Experience in working with partners
- Experience in emergency humanitarian settings
- Ability to work and live in a volatile security context
- Languages: English is mandatory, knowledge of French would be an asset
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
Conditions of Employment
- Gross monthly salary: 2,940 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online