Agro Access Limited, a full-process Rice Mill operating in the heart of Lagos State, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Abule Egba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Production Manager will be responsible for Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.Ensure that rice production goes on seamless according to company standards.
- Direct and coordinate the daily operations of the rice milling process as well as the task delivery of the milling, parboiling and boiler units;
- Drive the implementation and adherence to all guiding policies, processes and procedures, ensuring that each batch of rice reflects the agreed flavor, texture and appearance;
- Ensure proper planning and organizing of production shifts and schedules ensuring that all aspects of operations are efficiently handled.
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly resource requirements and effectively allocate these resources to reduce waste and support optimal production.
- Constantly review and analyze production costs and paddy inventory to establish areas for improvement
- Control final production activities, ensuring products are stacked and stored in an appropriate manner to prevent spoilage.
- Provide necessary information for preparation and implementation of the unit’s annual and monthly budget (CAPEX and OPEX).
- Identify training needs and develop training plans for the milling, parboiling and boiler team.
- Drive the adoption of culture that supports innovation, development of quality products, excellent service delivery, accountability and operational excellence;
- Drive performance of critical functions and efficiently lead the team whilst driving a culture of high performance and result consciousness.
- Coordinate and maintain effective safety plans to ensure all health and safety procedures and regulations within the rice plant are adopted and implemented
- Maintain an effective and robust production plan to capture job progress per shift, inventory levels, cost and other pertinent details that support optimal rice production.
- Control all aspects of rice transfer, handling, milling, bulk storage and packing ensuring the achievement of daily & monthly capacity utilization.
- Ensure all plant machinery are running optimal at all times.
- Conduct and supervise minor repairs on all plant equipment.
- Establish, maintain and ensure adherence to all outlined quality control and quality assurance processes as it relates to rice milling operations, including implementation of effective hygiene, pest control and rodent control program.
- Support with negotiations for the procurement of paddy and other general materials ensuring that the prices are within agreed Budgets.
- Ensure safe operations of the rice mill machine and drive adherence to agreed repair and routine maintenance schedules
- Zero deviation from regulatory standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Chemistry or any other related discipline added advantage
- 2 – 5 years’ experience with at least 1 year as a production manager/supervisor within the manufacturing or food industry; particularly rice milling,
- Experience rice production
- Experience in project and operations management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 29th July, 2022.