An upcoming and trail blazing Radio Station is looking for experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programmes Lead
- Working as part of a leading team of broadcast journalists, the Programmes Lead reports to the Head of Station and is responsible for originating, conceptualising, and shaping ideas as well as supervising the production, scheduling, and transmission of programmes.
- The Programmes Lead may be required to work extra hours, including weekends and public holidays.
- The job entails originating, researching, commissioning, producing, approving and presenting compelling and engaging programmes for radio as well as online and other media platforms.
The Programmes Lead will be expected to perform the following functions:
- To originate, produce, and/or adapt stories which may include researching, writing, scripting, editing and presenting programmes.
- To commission, select, and pass programmes, ensuring that they meet the desired editorial standard and the expectation of the audience.
- To supervise, and assign work to, a team of journalists, checking progress and giving feedback, ensuring quality of content and that deadlines are met.
- To deliver journalism of the highest standard using the available resources.
- To produce and/or present pre-recorded or live programmes and edit material for radio as well as other media platforms.
- To think out of the box, finding new and interesting ways of generating, producing, and presenting content, and acting as a facilitator of change.
- To ensure best practice among members of the team and to deliver to tight deadlines while ensuring adherence to the highest editorial standards.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or a Higher Degree in Journalism or Mass Communication or Broadcast Journalism or related courses in Social Sciences and the Humanities is essential.
- At least two years of experience working in a similar position in an FM radio station.
- Expert knowledge of the Nigerian broadcast and general media landscape, audience needs, and the use of technology and digital tools to enhance journalistic practices.
- A high standard of editorial judgment, proven ability to write and edit, and excellent presentation and production skills.
- Ability to manage resources, team members, and technical equipment in a way to produce challenging and interesting content.
- Ability to write creatively and in an engaging manner, and to translate with accuracy and clarity, adopting the appropriate style to appeal to different audiences across different media platforms.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of multiple teams and to prioritise and plan activities taking into consideration factors such as resources, manpower, and deadline.
- The ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online