The Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi was established in accordance with Decree No. 33 of 1979 based on the Federal Polytechnic Act (Cap 139) as amended by the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Decree No. 5 of 1993The Polytechnic located at Kilometer 15 along Dass/Tafawa Balewa Road was established in order to train middle and high level manpower for the Nigerian economy. The Institution runs full-time programmes at both National and Higher National Diploma (ND & HND) levels, which are all accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
The Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below which will become vacant on 23rd February, 2023:
Job Title: Rector
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has power to exercise general authority over both the staff and students and he/she is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- He/she is one of the Principal Officers of the Polytechnic.
- In addition to proven management and leadership experience, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable passion for academic endeavours and must also be credible.
Academic Qualifications and Qualities
The candidate for the post must possess the following qualification and qualities:
- A Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic Sector with not less than five (5) years experience on the rank.
- Should possess at least a Master’s Degree, preferably in the relevant and technical courses offered in the Polytechnic.
- Possession of a Ph.D degree is an advantage.
- Not more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at 23rd February, 2023
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relation and positive managerial attributes
- Provide evidence of membership of professional body/bodies recognized by Federal Government
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops
- Be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic
- A person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints
- A person who is not likely to pursue, racial, gender, political, religious or other sectional interest
- Morally sound, of impeccable character, proven integrity and free from financial embarrassment
- Physically and mentally fit (with evidence from a Government hospital); and
- Proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years in line with extant provisions.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic as approved by the Federal Government.
Deadline: 8th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications (typed written copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and attach Photocopies of all relevant documents), giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname first and underline)
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Current Postal Address including telephone number and email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies Association.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF RECTOR” at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi,
P. M. B. 0231,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of the certificates and other relevant credentials, if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted
- Previous holders of the position in any tertiary institution need not apply
- Late applications will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.