The Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST), Wudil is the pioneer specialized University established by Kano State Government in the year 2000. It is envisaged to be “An International Centre of Excellence” that will produce highly skilled manpower through teaching, research and training to meet the challenges of a fast-changing society. In April, 2001, the University commenced academic activities with 88 students in two (2) Faculties. Today, the University has six (6) Faculties and a School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS) with a student population of 18,789 and 1,414 undergraduate and postgraduate students respectively, which are admitted into 49 and 52 respective undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes of the University.
The University as part of its pride and strength has a total number of 1,791 staff. Over the years the University has remained focused to maintain its vision, mission and objectives to consolidate its overall mandate of a specialized University. The University has Centres, Directorates and other units to position itself in national and international educational spheres. Recently, for the purpose of rebranding, Government approved the renaming of the University to Aliko Dangote University of Science and Technology (ADUST), Wudil.
Following the expiration of the previous tenure on the 12 February, 2023, and in accordance with Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST) (Amendment) Law 2017, the Governing Council consequently invites applications from suitably qualified internal and external candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day to day administrative work of the University.
- The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and condition as may be specified in his letter of appointment.
Qualification and Requirements
- Candidate must have a good second class honours Degree or its equivalent with eighteen (18) years cognate experience, Six (6) years of which must have been spent in a University.
- Possession of a higher degree or membership of a professional administrative body in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- In addition, candidate must have spent three (3) years on managerial position.
- He or She must have proven leadership qualities, proven ability for job planning, programming, high integrity and of good character plus satisfactory confidential report from previous employer.
Basic salary and benefits remain within the range of the approved emoluments for the post in accordance with the University System and consent of the Council.
Deadline: 22nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twelve (12) copies of their Applications, together with twelve copies of their Curriculum Vitae, Credentials and as much supporting documents as will assist the University in the comprehensive assessment of their qualifications, exposure, experience and capabilities.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope marked at the top left hand corner “Application for the post of Registrar” to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil,
P.M.B 3244, Kano,
Kano State, Nigeria.
- Applicants should request their three (3) Referee to forward CONFIDENTIAL REPORTS on them within the same deadline to the address above
- Application not received before the application closing date will not be considered
- The candidate should not be more than 60 years of age by 12th of February, 2023.