Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Team Lead, Agency / Direct Banking
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Team Lead is responsible for strategic business development, revenue generation, efficiency improvement, profitability, customer centricity and overall business process management and leadership in the Region.
- To support Regional Manager Agency & Direct Banking in driving the growth and profitability of Agency Banking and Direct Banking businesses and execute all strategic management objectives/initiatives of these business lines.
- To coordinate monitor the activities of the Agency Banking, and direct fixed and variable pay for DSAS within the region for optimal achievement of overall targets of the businesses.
Business and Financial Performance:
- Meet and exceed set targets of all Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss items such as deposit, revenue, fees, and commission etc for Agency & Direct Banking businesses.
- Drive key retail alliances and partnerships at the regional level to grow our distribution network through Agency Banking.
- Achieve all set business ratios such as CASA/Deposit ratio, Deposit mix, Loan/Deposit, NPL Ratio, Cost-to Income ratio etc.
- Coordinate direct field sales and acquisition of agents as well as mandatory agents monitoring nationwide to drive the projected transactions volumes and values.
- Identity and drive NTB customer acquisition target and other KPIs across the sub-segments within Agency Banking & Direct Banking.
- Meet and exceed set Product Sale and Cross Sell targets for Liability Products, Alternate Channel product offerings Cards for the region.
- Develop and optimize the Agency Channels operating model in line with market and growth opportunities.
- Acquire and manage quality agents, merchants, and customers on the Ecobank payment platform, based on standard documentation from the potential client in line with regulatory requirements.
- Implement segment specific products/services campaigns.
- Ensure that all income is properly captured at transaction point for all sales made.
- Conduct regular Business performance and profitability reviews for Direct Sales Agents.
- Have oversight over the technology applications that drive Agency and Direct Banking operations.
- Optimize opportunities to positively disrupt the status quo in the marketplace.
- Position Agency and Direct Banking as the core driver for dients onboarding, fulfillment servicing, and relationship management.
- Identily customers’ needs, proactively seek to provide services to meet such needs.
- Implement proactive failure checks and foes (including customer engagement) within the region.
- Drive and surpass expectations on NPS for the region.
- Collaborate with other units to ensure excellent customer services are provided across the region.
Leadership and People Management:
- Lead and guide officer Agency & Direct Banking fixed and variable pay Direct Sales Agents within the region towards achieving their respective KPIs.
- Motivate, inspire, coach, and mentor Direct Sales Agents.
- Encourage and foster a congenial working environment to enable the team to achieve excellence through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Be a champion of Ecobank RACE- IT core values in the Region.
Process Control and Operational Performance:
- Ensure full adherence to Operational Risk and Compliance guidelines across Agency 5 Direct business functions within the regione.g. KYC and anti-money laundering measures.
- Achieve and surpass) a minimum of satisfactory audit rating for Agency & Direct Banking and guide against any probable regulatory infractions/Fines.
- Daily/weekly monitoring of segment’s loan portfolio under the Development Finance Depart with the Region with zero tolerance for details.
- Communicate default promptly for early warning or loan monitoring for recovery where it occurs.
- Coordinating with it stakeholders on the delivery of product innovations.
- Promote high ethical and integrity standards, and establish a culture within the bank that establishes and demonstrates to all personnel the importance of controls.
- Ensure there is a strong internal control system in place to minimize operational losses and monitor its adequacy and effectiveness.
- Steward regulatory and day-to-day engagement with country compliance on all requirements and deliveries.
- Review and approve requests for access to proprietary agency channels.
- Coordinate and approve operational readiness framework and checklist for Agency & Direct Banking
- Provide market intelligence (thoughts, ideas, insights, initiatives) that will guide and ensure continuous competitive advantage and wallet share of Agency & Direct Banking businesses.
- Identifying market opportunities for new and existing products – Champion the delivery of sales and service to Agency & Direct Banking customers through low-cost channels.
- Leadigation of customers to digital channels.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of First Degree.
- Master’s Degree or Professional Qualifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years in banking of FMCG Organization, of which at least 4 years should have been in Sales & leadership roles.
- Good knowledge of sales management, banking operations, banking products, consumer behaviour and customer Segmentation.
Skills, Capabilities & Personal Attributes:
- A clear understanding of Agency and Direct Banking business and its strategic positioning in Ecobank to achieve undisputable leadership in customer base .
- Good problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong credit appraisal skills.
- Teamwork/coordinating skills.
- Good sales and marketing skills.
- An understanding of the Agency banking model.
- Strong interpersonal influencing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Technology savvy and good knowledge of electronic banking products and platforms.
Deadline: 29th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply