The Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST), Wudil is the pioneer specialized University established by Kano State Government in the year 2000. It is envisaged to be “An International Centre of Excellence” that will produce highly skilled manpower through teaching, research and training to meet the challenges of a fast-changing society. In April, 2001, the University commenced academic activities with 88 students in two (2) Faculties. Today, the University has six (6) Faculties and a School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS) with a student population of 18,789 and 1,414 undergraduate and postgraduate students respectively, which are admitted into 49 and 52 respective undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes of the University.
The University as part of its pride and strength has a total number of 1,791 staff. Over the years the University has remained focused to maintain its vision, mission and objectives to consolidate its overall mandate of a specialized University. The University has Centres, Directorates and other units to position itself in national and international educational spheres. Recently, for the purpose of rebranding, Government approved the renaming of the University to Aliko Dangote University of Science and Technology (ADUST), Wudil.
In accordance with Kano University of Science and Technology (KUST), Wudil (Amendment) Law 2017, the council invites applications from interested and suitably qualified internal and external candidates to fill the position below which will be vacant by the 8 January 2023:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice Chancellor is the Chief Executive and accounting officer of the University.
- He/She is responsible to council for maintaining efficiency, good order and is saddled with enforcement of statutes, Laws and regulations of the University.
- He/She is also expected to promote academic standard in research, teaching, learning and community service; and be responsible to council for the day to day management of human, financial and material resources of the University.
Qualification and other Qualities required of the Candidates
Candidate to be appointed for the post:
- Be a Professor
- Be of proven integrity Have requisite qualities and qualifications for providing dynamic leadership to the University
- Be of proven intellectual standing with requisite credentials confirming outstanding academic and other achievements
- Be a man of honour and integrity Have a personality that is likely to gain respect from staff and students of the University
- Be morally upright and capable of running the University administration with justice, equity and fairness
- Be a man of distinction capable of taking right decisions and following laid down procedures
- Be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Be of good health and free from pecuniary embarrassment.
Terms and Conditions of Service applicable to the post
- The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment and as may also be determined from time to time by government and the Governing Council.
Deadline: 22nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit soft copies of their Curriculum Vitae with 20 hard copies containing the following information:
- Full Names
- Marital Status
- Administrative Experience
- Academic Qualifications with dates
- Community Public Service
- Application must be accompanied by three (3) referee reports
- A letter of consent duly signed by the candidate must accompany Curriculum Vitae in respect of searched or nominated candidates.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope marked at the top left hand corner “Application for the post of Vice Chancellor, KUST, Wudil” to:
Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil,
PMB 3244, Kano,
Kano State, Nigeria.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the University is not under any obligation to enter into any correspondence with any applicant for the post.
- The candidate should not be more than 65 years of age by 8 of January, 2023.
Leave a Reply